Contribute
Register

DVD Drive/Eject Button/DVD Player FIXED!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Capture d’écran 2013-01-29 à 15.13.23.png

Thanks for replying, My DVD Drive is a ASUS DRXW-1814BLT

Here is my new kext to fix all issues related to the internal DVD drive being detected as external in Mountain Lion. Install in /System/Library/Extensions and enjoy! This is made ONLY for DVD drives connected to an internal AHCI SATA port that have the DVD Player error/eject button error.

Dil83

This was my ticket to happiness. Many thanks!

Hi Dil83,
thanks for your efforts! :thumbup:

I still need a little help to make my last step after I've crossed over from an old machine to my new rig: I was able to clone a SL to an SSD and update it to a working ML once installed on the new machine, where I also have implanted a Teac BD C26SSA93 BluRay Combo Slot Load.

Using your KEXT seem to have made it fully recognized in System Report Disc Burning (no BluRay disc support but brand and model and DVD/CD capabilities) and in Toast as a fully flagged BR writer, and working (eject included) but only if I boot with a disc inserted (any CD/DVD/BR).

I deem you are able to point me where to look into to solve this trouble... I'm not using any DSDT but I use the Extra/Extensions option (kernel flag -f).

TIA
Cheers

:thumbup:
Just like to say thanks to Dil83 for his fix for DVD drive not being recognised in Mountain Lion. Worked perfectly for me. I now have a fully functional Hackintosh.

I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to say if there is any confusion, this works in Mavericks too.
At least it did for me. My Bluray player is now working.

Thank you Dil83.

Oddly, I'm not sure if the eject button issue was fixed. My problem was the drive wouldn't even play discs (which it now does) and once I inserted one, I'd have to put the desktop icon for the disc into the trash to get the drive to eject. I still either have to use that method now or --strangely-- the eject key on my Mac keyboard works. But the drive does not resound to the actual eject key being pressed.

BTW, sleep still works with the kext installed.

I just wanted to confirm again that this does work on Mavericks - I was having the exact problem described (DVD Player won't play, eject button on keyboard doesn't work), and installing this kext fixed both issues without causing any new ones - sleep still works, etc. Thanks!

OS 10.9.2, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, LG GH24NSB0 DVD burner

This worked great for me in 10.9, but doesn't seem to work in 10.10. Has anyone had better luck?

thanks...

This worked great for me in 10.9, but doesn't seem to work in 10.10. Has anyone had better luck?

thanks...

Argh... I see...

Oct 19 23:07:50 new-host-4.home com.apple.kextcache[307] <Error>: IOAHCISerialATAPI_Injector.kext has invalid signature; omitting.

Unsigned kexts will not load starting in 10.10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back