Contribute
Register

DVD Drive/Eject Button/DVD Player FIXED!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Rampage III Extreme
CPU
W3680
Graphics
HD 7950
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Here is my new kext to fix all issues related to the internal DVD drive being detected as external in Mountain Lion. Install in /System/Library/Extensions and enjoy! This is made ONLY for DVD drives connected to an internal AHCI SATA port that have the DVD Player error/eject button error.

Dil83

Attachments

• IOAHCISerialATAPI_Injector.kext.zip
    2 KB · Views: 1,797
I wish I could say the same 'Thank you' like the others. But after trying your methods, I am still getting DVD error [-70012] and the ejcet button doesn't work.

I've installed AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext and IOAHCIBlockSTorageInjector.kext via Kext Utility.
Reboot, didn't work.

After that, I also replaced the DVDPlayback.framework folder. Reboot, didn't work.

Would you be able to help me out this this problem please? Thank you.

Would you be able to help me out this this problem please? Thank you.

Sure, no problem. If you could upload a copy of your IOReg, I'll take a look at it so I can better understand your hardware setup. That will make it easier for me to help you solve this issue.

Dil83

Sorry, it took me a while to figure out what IOreg is. :)
I really appreciate your help.

I have "LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray Disc Rewriter BD-RE Dual Layer DVD-RW CD-RW" installed and it works fine on the windows 7
of the same machine. It was working well on my SL before ML upgrade.

Attachments

• jp_macpro.ioreg.zip
    531.9 KB · Views: 271
Sorry, it took me a while to figure out what IOreg is. :)
I really appreciate your help.

I have "LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray Disc Rewriter BD-RE Dual Layer DVD-RW CD-RW" installed and it works fine on the windows 7
of the same machine. It was working well on my SL before ML upgrade.

According to your IOReg, it looks to me like you have your DVD drive connected via USB. My fix ONLY works for drives that are connected to an internal AHCI SATA port. It could probably also work with a DVD drive connected via an AHCI eSATA port. I can see that you added the orange icon fix to your DSDT because your chipset shows up as ESB2, when it's actually an ICH10 controller. I also see that you have one free ICH10 SATA port available on your motherboard. If you were to connect your DVD drive to that free SATA port, then your problem would be solved. If I remember correctly, the ESB2 chipset is the enterprise equivalent to the ICH6 chipset. I preferred not to use the orange icon DSDT fix since the ESB2 chipset is much older than the ICH10, and I didn't want to risk having problems with the ESB2 driver being used for the ICH10 chipset. I currently use the original AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext from MultiBeast to fix my orange icons, and also use my IOAHCISerialATAPI_Injector.kext to fix the problems with the DVD drive.

I also see that you must have the JMicron36xATA.kext installed because your GSATA ports are showing up in the IOReg. According to MultiBeast, you can also connect your DVD drive to one of these controllers and have full functionality in ML.

Dil83

UPDATE:

Thank you so much Dil83, my blu-ray drive is working finally!
As per your suggestion, I changed the ROM-drive cable to the free SATA port
and clean installed the ML again and it works! Thank you!!!

========
Thank you so much for taking time to see my IOReg. Sorry for the slow response.
I live in the South Pacific and we got hit by a huge cyclone and we didn't have power for nearly two weeks.
Now I am back on track and going to try to fix it with your help.

I can see that I have to study a lot to understand your answers. My dvd is connected to the mainboard internally
and I don't see why it shows as external.

I installed most of the kext that was available on this website that might fix the problem without really know what's going on.
So I guess I will just try to clean install the mountain lion again. Then, I will get back to you on this.

Again, thank you so much for your help in this matter.

Jonatani

Hello

I don't know if my problem is related.

I've tried Lite-On DL-4ETS and Panasonic-UJ-235A (BR slot-loading drive).
These drives doesn't load (swallow ?) the disc (DVD or BR).

I had to open the CD -DVD PrefPane, and next, the disc is loading :crazy:
After that, I can eject and load discs without problems. Until next reboot...

Info system recognize the drives in sata and burner sections. These drive have a slimline sata connector.

NB: I've also tried my old Superdrive (just DVD-R burner) from the macbook. It work fine.

EDIT: this kext resolve the problems with my BR drives. Thanks !

Hello and thank you for the work !

-Without your kext, my DVD drive is working, but I can't use the "eject" button from task bar, I have to do it directly from drive
-With you kext (IOAHCISerialATAPI_Injector.kext) , the eject button works but I loose the shutdown and sleep :(

any idea ?

regards

Hello and thank you for the work !

-Without your kext, my DVD drive is working, but I can't use the "eject" button from task bar, I have to do it directly from drive
-With you kext (IOAHCISerialATAPI_Injector.kext) , the eject button works but I loose the shutdown and sleep :(

any idea ?

regards

From what I've read elsewhere, some brands of DVD drives won't allow sleep/shutdown to work properly unless there is a CD/DVD in the drive during those times. What model of DVD drive are you using?

Dil83

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back