Contribute
Register

During install dont work USB mouse and keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I leave the USB installer connected all ports work without the need of a HUB. Is that strange or what?

Selecting "FixUSB" in config.plist let me install El Capitan on my GA P55 USB3 without the need of any other USB devices. USB ports are working as 2.0. Do not know if any are working as USB 3.0. Sleep seems to be working.

I'd spent days trying to get my USB keyboard to work from the outset in the Clover GUI/menu screen. In most instances the mouse would work, bit I had to unplug/replug the keyboard repeatedly to get it to come back to life. Once in the OS everything worked fine, but having to do that everytime I booted back into Clover was a pain.
As surprising as it is to me, I can verify that using a USB hub solves the problem.

Fwiw, I'd found that my top two USB ports, where I originally had the mouse/keyboard plugged in, had stopped working for them after who knows what during the days I worked on this. The ports still worked for other things, even booting the USB, but the mouse/keyboard would not work there now. The lower two USB ports did work for the mouse/keyboard for some reason, so I'd left them attached there and would just replug the keyboard every time (real fun if the timeout was clocking down :#). But, after reading here, I realized I had an el-cheap external USB/SDcard reader hub, so I plugged that into one of the top USB ports and, voila!, the keyboard and mouse both work in the Clover menu screen now! (and I have all the other USB ports free if I need them...oh well.)

Btw, this is an old MSI X58 Platinum SLI system with an old Nvidia GTX 260 graphics card. Couldn't get Sierra to go, but El Cap seems to have worked fine right out of the box using the Clover configured config.plist and a few kexts I needed (Realtek networking, etc.) Finally got sound to work with a VoodooHDA kext I found that someone posted as meant for MSI systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back