Sapphire HD 6870 with REDMOD
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone.

I am not 100% clued up on clover however I will try my best to explain my set up and what the issue is.

I have a RAID 0 set up with 2 SSD's running, and I recently installed clover as a EFI bootloader. To do this, I copied the clover EFI folder onto the EFI partitions on both drives. I then installed the clover bootloader onto the RAID 0 array. Everything was working fine until I updated to 10.10.1, which would give me random kernal panics on boot, but not all the time (I have copies of the reports if this will help solve the issue). When I investigated further, I noticed that in the motherboard BIOS, there are several "Clover boot EFI boot OS X" boot options. I only have 3 drives in my machine, all of which are listed separately (both EFI and legacy). I have no idea where these other boot drives are, or how to get rid of them.

I have noticed that my clover theme randomly changes by itself (three different themes) and that the machine does not always Kernal Panic. An educated guess would suggest to me that each of these "Clover boot EFI boot OS X" has its own config.playlist attached to it. And that my Mobo is selecting them at random as they are all the same name?

I tried to install clover onto the third drive and boot off that to solve the issues, however this prevented my computer from even entering the bios page, or selecting a boot drive using the F12 button. Once I unplugged the third drive, I could once again enter the BIOS main menu. This frightens me a little, as clover is having an effect on the BIOS and freezing it somehow.

I will try and take a picture of the boot list from the mobo BIOS to help explain the issue and add it later.

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this or not, and if so, how do I change it/stop it from occurring, so that I only have one clover boot option.

Boot to the Clover GUI, navigate (arrow keys) to "Clover Boot Options", choose remove all. Reboot to Bios and set the correct drive as your 1st boot device...

I am assuming I can choose any of the 2 SSD's within the RAID 0 array?

I only have 3 drives in my machine, all of which are listed separately (both EFI and legacy). I have no idea where these other boot drives are, or how to get rid of them.
The EFI and Legacy listing are for the same drive in each case. You can remove the Legacy listing if you either go into BIOS and change the selection under CSM to EFI only or disable CSM. Disabling CSM forces UEFI only and legacy drives will not be able to be seen. So, if you have a storage HDD formatted MBR, you will have to reformat it GUID before the system will see it if you disable CSM.

Ok, thank you both for the help. I will try this tonight and see what happens!

This has not worked. In my BIOS I am still presented with 3 clover boot from boot os x, and now none of them will boot to the clover boot screen, and are still occasionally blocking me out the BIOS screen. None of the EFI partitions on the 2 SSD's will work either.

Any advice? Should I boot using the uni beast pen drive and try and re-install clover? Mayb it has become corrupt?

This has not worked. In my BIOS I am still presented with 3 clover boot from boot os x, and now none of them will boot to the clover boot screen, and are still occasionally blocking me out the BIOS screen. None of the EFI partitions on the 2 SSD's will work either.

Any advice? Should I boot using the uni beast pen drive and try and re-install clover? Mayb it has become corrupt?

Enable CSM again - can you now boot?

Enable CSM again - can you now boot?
I did not disable it. Will this impact on EFI booting? I can still see the legacy boot options, but I have not installed Chimera onto the drives. I want to EFI boot using Clover.

This method is for using a legacy boot loader. I do not want to use this. I want to use an EFI boot loader such as clover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back