Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
All,

So now that I've got stuff working reasonably well on my machine, what's the "best practice" for applying future OSX updates (both point releases and major releases? Won't/can't some updates utterly mess up my kext setup; replace Apple Kexts that I've had to remove; other mayhem?

Advice from those who've walked the walk is appreciated.

Thanks,

- I

ok...

I don't have dual boot situation as I have no need for either windows or linux. But I'm running chameleon since it was on the checklist. Maybe in the future I'll add a partition for some other OS.

My machine is a laptop with 8 gigs and 17" screen. Haswell CPU. Macbook 11,2 smbios.

I've got kexts in place for track pad(voodoo ps2); ethernet(meize's realtek); patched AppleHDA for audio; NullCPU and FakeSMC.

What sorts of things should I be on the look out for or careful about?

Thanks,

-I

thanks - this is helpful. I only ask because I got the "Updates Available" thingy and while it's only updating iBooks, iTunes, and Safari, I don't know if those tools can sometimes impact patched/user-deployed extensions. I feel like it's better to be safe than sorry. About the last step, I might have a beer instead of a coffee but it depends on time of day when doing updates. Cheers, -I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back