HD 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

OK, I screwed up... Before I double checked this website (dumb I know) I hastily tried updating to 10.7.4 when I got the update dialog box, restarted and now am having kernel panics big time and can't boot up.

I do have an OLD backup of my system from several months back (which is obviously not current). Can I somehow copy the backup system files back to my drive and get back up and running that way OR is my only option a clean reinstall from Unibeast at this point??

Any advice on things I may try would TRULY be appreciated as I am really stuck and don't want to lose my most current files.

My system config is as follows:
Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 Mobo
I5-2500k processor
Corsair Force 3 SSD
8GB Ram

Did you install the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement for 10.7.4 before rebooting? In Multibeast.

<<Did you install the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement for 10.7.4 before rebooting? In Multibeast.
>>

No, I didn't realize there was an issue and just tried to do the update and restart, now Im hosed.

Try install again. It's the only way I know of. Unless you could do it in single user mode.

Do you mean a clean install? I cannot install the update again because the computer won't boot up. Just gets the kernel panic and freezes.

You need to reinstall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back