Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Anyone using Duet Display? Ive noticed that some apps dont like when its running - i get a 'static' style image in apps.

It works on my 'real' mac, so im hesitant to log a bug as obviously a hackintosh isnt supported :)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-02-01 at 09.10.32.png
    Screenshot 2019-02-01 at 09.10.32.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 152
So i just fixed this by disabling the built in Intel graphics and only having my ATI card. Seems like Duet uses the built in graphics and this is what causes the issue.

Im pretty sure theres a reason i had the built in graphics enabled, but i cant remember (it accelerates some things I think? e.g. video processing?)

Further update for anyone with a similar problem:

I re-enabled the iGFX and once I correctly set it to be connectorless everything worked as expected - and I now have h264 acceleration from the iGFX but only the RX560 showing in the OS (as it should/would on a real Mac)

Also fixed the quicklook issues I had.

So I’m glad I ran into this problem, or I never would have looked into setting up my graphics correctly!

I re-enabled the iGFX and once I correctly set it to be connectorless everything worked as expected - and I now have h264 acceleration from the iGFX but only the RX560 showing in the OS (as it should/would on a real Mac)

Could you please explain how you set it up as connectorless. was it in the BIOS or in KEXTS. Thanks

Could you please explain how you set it up as connectorless. was it in the BIOS or in KEXTS. Thanks

It was clover config.

Looking back at notes from the time - this is what I have:

- Definition: iMac 14,2
- enabled iGFX in BIOS
- Inject Intel FALSE
- platform ID 0x04120004

I'm pretty sure its the platform ID that does the trick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back