Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Let's suppose three storage devices:

1. M.2 Samsung SSD
2. 2.5 Samsung SSD
3. 2.5 Western Digital SSD

My hackintosh was working flawlessly on 1 (hackintosh) & 2 (Time Machine backup of 1). But i wanted dualboot with Windows, so I bought 3.

I've physically installed 3 formatted it as GUID / NTFS in my Hackintosh install, created Windows installation USB with Bootcamp.
Next, I've disabled 2 in BIOS and started installation process of Windows. (i wasnt able to disable m.2 interface in BIOS, and now, I know, I should probably remove it physically...)

In disk selection during Windows install, i've saw EFI and second partition on 3 (thats storage where Windows was installed, for some reason, I've deleted that partition :) and selected second partition of 3 as partition for Windows install.

Well, things get weird, it looks like Windows Boot Manager got installed on 1 (where clover and other things are, see the picture of EFI of disk 1).

For now, i am able to boot into both systems but I get random crashes in both systems in Mojave its something with IOAcceleratorFamily and in Windows with NTFS.sys (don't know much about that..)

So question is, its normal thats Windows Boot Manager resides in EFI where CLOVER is, if not should I remove it (WBM)(&& do-again Multibeast install process)?

Thanks in advace.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-03-17 at 21.41.23.png
    Screenshot 2019-03-17 at 21.41.23.png
    99.3 KB · Views: 284
Well, things get weird, it looks like Windows Boot Manager got installed on 1 (where clover and other things are, see the picture of EFI of disk 1)

So question is, its normal thats Windows Boot Manager resides in EFI where CLOVER is, if not should I remove it (WBM)(&& do-again Multibeast install process)?

This is to be expected since Windows will install it's boot manager to an existing EFI partition on the first disk. It's recommend to remove/disable the other disks in the system for this reason. As you indicated you'll have to remove the M.2 drive. The guide below details the install procedure.

Guide: Multibooting UEFI on Separate Drives

For now, i am able to boot into both systems but I get random crashes in both systems in Mojave its something with IOAcceleratorFamily and in Windows with NTFS.sys (don't know much about that..)

You might want to remove the Microsoft EFI folder then wipe and reinstall Windows as described in the guide linked above. If you encounter the same errors again post more info or search the forums.

FYI, Win10 installer will install the UEFI boot files in the EFI partition of the first drive scanned by the CPU as the system indexes the hardware. If this is your Mac OS drive, then that is where the boot files will be installed if you do not disconnect or disable the port. There is nothing intrinsically wrong with this - it will work just fine in most cases, but may cause problems during a Win10 update is the boot files are also updated. One way around this is to make sure there is one and only one EFI partition in the system - in your case, the Mac OS drive EFI partition. To eliminate the one on the Win10 drive, boot the installer, Shift+F10 to get a command prompt, type the following followed by enter key each line:
diskpart
list disk //say your Win10 SSD is disk 2
select disk 2
clean all

when the cleaning is complete,
exit
exit

This leaves your drive totally unformatted free space. select this free space and hit the install button. Win10 installer will take it from there and create the recovery tools partition, the reserved partition and the OS partition and install Win10 for you. It does not create an EFI partition because it wants to use the one on the Mac M.2 SSD, which is OK.

Guys, thanks for you guidance, it helped me a lot!
I will try to fix it somehow, based on your responses :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back