Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I have build my computer to use it as an hackintosh, I entend to create music on it.
I need some help to have a perfect install of my OS here.

Here's what I have : Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H, Core i3 @ 3.06 Ghz, 3 GB DDR3, GT240 (Gigabyte 1GB with big fan), a DVD-RW Optiarc Drive, ,a WD 500GB Blue Caviar HD, Mac OS X Snow Leopard (Retail DVD, buyed), and my Windows 7 64 bits DVD with my licence key.

First, I've managed to install SL with iBoot normal Bootloader (not the legacy one) and with a Nvidia 7300 LE graphic card (my GT240 doesn't work directly). I've installed MultiBeast with the modified DSDT on the tonymacx86's database and the official 10.6.5 combo update. During the installation, I created 3 partitions on a GUID Partition Table. One for Mac, HFS+ Journalized, one Windows (Fat), and an unused one.

Snow Leopard is now working perfectly, except as the ethernet chip but I use an USB Wifi device... The big problem I have is that one software I really need doesn't work on 10.6.5... (Line6 Gearbox for Mac OS X).

I tried to install Win7 on my Windows partition but after the first party of the installation, I got a black screen after rebooting... No Mac anymore, no Windows' next step for the installation! I put my iBoot CD and I've installed MultiBeast again. Mac is now working. But if I boot on the Win7 partition I get black screen!

How to dualboot both OS on my system? Do I need to install Win7 first? Do I need to install 10.6.5 with the last MultiBeast or can I keep an older version of OS X?

Thank you by advances for your light on theses shadows! =D

Kind regards,
Nutella.

nutella said:
Hi,

I have build my computer to use it as an hackintosh, I entend to create music on it.
I need some help to have a perfect install of my OS here.

Here's what I have : Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H, Core i3 @ 3.06 Ghz, 3 GB DDR3, GT240 (Gigabyte 1GB with big fan), a DVD-RW Optiarc Drive, ,a WD 500GB Blue Caviar HD, Mac OS X Snow Leopard (Retail DVD, buyed), and my Windows 7 64 bits DVD with my licence key.

First, I've managed to install SL with iBoot normal Bootloader (not the legacy one) and with a Nvidia 7300 LE graphic card (my GT240 doesn't work directly). I've installed MultiBeast with the modified DSDT on the tonymacx86's database and the official 10.6.5 combo update. During the installation, I created 3 partitions on a GUID Partition Table. One for Mac, HFS+ Journalized, one Windows (Fat), and an unused one.

Snow Leopard is now working perfectly, except as the ethernet chip but I use an USB Wifi device... The big problem I have is that one software I really need doesn't work on 10.6.5... (Line6 Gearbox for Mac OS X).

I tried to install Win7 on my Windows partition but after the first party of the installation, I got a black screen after rebooting... No Mac anymore, no Windows' next step for the installation! I put my iBoot CD and I've installed MultiBeast again. Mac is now working. But if I boot on the Win7 partition I get black screen!

How to dualboot both OS on my system? Do I need to install Win7 first? Do I need to install 10.6.5 with the last MultiBeast or can I keep an older version of OS X?

Thank you by advances for your light on theses shadows! =D

Kind regards,
Nutella.
Best to use separate drives for OSs, but if 2 on one drive, install Win7 first and get it working 100%, then install SL. See http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2009/11/ ... -snow.html

BootCamp won't work on a hackintosh, will it?

http://thegadgets.net/trickt-boy/tips-a ... 7-on-a-pc/

You can install the OS's in either order. You would be better off getting another drive.
Because when both OS are on the same drive, the last OS installed overwrites the bootloader of the other OS with its own bootloader. So if you install SL first, then its Chameleon bootloader gets written to the MBR of the drive. At this point, it won't have Windows as a boot option because you haven't installed Windows yet. If you install Windows first, then Chameleon should capture Windows as a boot option.

If you install Windows second it overwrites the Mac bootloader in the MBR of the drive.
So the next step with Windows is you download the free Easybcd bootloader and add the Mac to it as a boot option. How long did you wait when the screen went black? That might be normal for 6 or 7 minutes.

If you are using 64-bit SL then read a guide: it says to change the bios to AHCI. Also it has you change the HPET in bios. I think you are better off installing a 64-bit version of Windows 7, especially if you ever want to use more than 4GB or ram under Windows, like for memory intensive Adobe CS5 which is now cross-platform.

After a bit time.. I got SL & W7 in the same HD working!
I use Chamaleon to choose whatever OS i want to boot.
But now some quesiton! WHY?! Why Google doesn't work on hackintosh? This is the second hackintosh I've build and on Ethernet, Google doesn't work!!!
In Wifi, it seems to be okay... :/

UP!

By the way, impossible to connect on TonyMac with Safari... only IE or FF...
I've got a new problem, when I reboot from Mac, sometimes my keyboard (Apple with num.) doesn't work and the mouse connected to it too... I need to power off, unplug the power AC, plug it back again... and restart entierly my hackintosh. AND/OR (sometimes too) my Hard Drive seems to be long to boot and Mac is long to be usable... I think my power supply is faulty; what do you think about that? Or if it's not, how can I repair my keyboard problem?

Thank you by advance

nutella3 said:
UP!

By the way, impossible to connect on TonyMac with Safari... only IE or FF...
I've got a new problem, when I reboot from Mac, sometimes my keyboard (Apple with num.) doesn't work and the mouse connected to it too... I need to power off, unplug the power AC, plug it back again... and restart entierly my hackintosh. AND/OR (sometimes too) my Hard Drive seems to be long to boot and Mac is long to be usable... I think my power supply is faulty; what do you think about that? Or if it's not, how can I repair my keyboard problem?

Thank you by advance
Are you using the official Realtek ethernet kext? If so switch to Lnx2Mac's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back