Intel hd4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,

Right now i am dualbooting Mavericks and Windows 8.1, with each OS having a 250gb partition...my question is, what is the best way to shrink Windows OS partition, and create a new DATA partition, that can be used by OSX (and windows)?

If you want to shrink windows partition,
you should've googled "how to shrink ntfs partition" and follow one of manuals.
It's simple and easy to do.

And for data partition you might want to use exFat filesystem.
Good luck.

I have USB 3 hard drive 1 TB I formated GUID partition
Now my problem my hard drive Working time I removed USB 3 1TB
Now I can see partition map only disk utility not main window
also I Cannot format That USB 3 What will du now ?anyone help me.

I have USB 3 hard drive 1 TB I formated GUID partition
Now my problem my hard drive Working time I removed USB 3 1TB
Now I can see partition map only disk utility not main window
also I Cannot format That USB 3 What will du now ?anyone help me.

You could try Mac OS' Disk Utility:
In the left pane select the drive, in the right pane the tab "First Aid" and then the button "Repair disk".

And for data partition you might want to use exFat filesystem.
Good luck.

Some rumours say that ExFat is not safe with MacOS. Also it has been developed for flash sticks, trading safety (writings) for speed. There are some pages on the web comparing pros and cons of filesystems.

I have therefore chosen NTFS for a linux/Win/Mac tripleboot. For the Mac, several drivers (at least Tuxera, Paragon, NTFS3G with FUSE) add writing access and more. NTFS3G is free, but search the web for speed and feature comparisons, and if desired, prices...

Some rumours say that ExFat is not safe with MacOS. Also it has been developed for flash sticks, trading safety (writings) for speed. There are some pages on the web comparing pros and cons of filesystems.

I have therefore chosen NTFS for a linux/Win/Mac tripleboot. For the Mac, several drivers (at least Tuxera, Paragon, NTFS3G with FUSE) add writing access and more. NTFS3G is free, but search the web for speed and feature comparisons, and if desired, prices...

+1, I tried ExFAT and OS X mess up the partition, which requires fix from Windows. In the end I create 2 data partition for OS X and Windows lol

You could try Mac OS' Disk Utility: In the left pane select the drive, in the right pane the tab "First Aid" and then the button "Repair disk".
external hard drive WD 1tb wen I look the repair disk button hidden also I try to windows but system hang also I try to safe boot Mac then I formate few time show me disk error that one has warranty my problem in side vary important file I need formate then I can give warranty How to format or how to broke GUIDpartition maybe Linux help ?

You can try GParted linux usb to format your WD.

You can try GParted linux usb to format your WD.
i try to formate with linux also error i think external hard drive WD not work anymore :banghead:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-12 at 7.51.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-12 at 7.51.25 PM.png
    136.3 KB · Views: 109
+1, I tried ExFAT and OS X mess up the partition, which requires fix from Windows. In the end I create 2 data partition for OS X and Windows lol

yeah, OSX often makes corruption on exfat partitions,
but I have only experienced it when deleting some strange files windows has left
or when unpluging device without unmounting all partitions.
Anyway, you can easily fix it without windows using terminal on mac, usage:
Code:
[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Lucida Grande]fsck_exfat -d /dev/disk0s4[/FONT][/COLOR]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back