Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus H87M-Plus
CPU
Intel Core i5 4570
Graphics
NVIDIA GTX 660
Hey, a few days ago i built my first customac.. well, i successfully installed Sierra on my Windows machine. The install went smooth and i was playing around a bit, but after some time i had to use windows again to work. I installed OS X on a different drive, so i was confident that i can simply just select windows in clover and use it like i always did. At this point, i encountered my first problem: It seems that my Win10 install is not UEFI although my machine isn't that old. So no booting via clover. I then booted into bios and changed the settings so i could see Legacy partitions at startup. I thought that i could simply just choose the drive Windows is on via pressing F8 at boot and it would work. But no success... The DOS cursor thingy blinks a few times and then it switches to BIOS..
This was a few days ago, today i decided to try out some more options. So i disconnected all drives except the one Windows is on and booted again, with similar success as before. But, in the Drive select menu i could still select Mac OS X even though the respective drive was not connected.. Now I am confused...

Have i installed Clover on my Win drive?? So that it has killed Microsofts own bootloader? Or is there something else wrong with my BIOS or Windows or both?

I also tried booting Win via the USB drive i created to install OS X, no success on that as well...

Maybe you guys have an idea:?:

My specs are:
i5 4570
Asus H87M-PLUS
Generic GTX 660 1.5GB (no OC whatsoever)

Drives:
#1 - 120 Gb SSD with Windows 10 Pro
#2 - 500 Gb HDD with Data (NTFS formatted, only used with Windows)
#3 - 500 Gb HDD with OS X Sierra

Go back and reset your BIOS as it was before you installed Sierra. Save&exit, continue boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back