Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Are there any dual socket 2011 boards that also support thunderbolt that have been successfully hackintosh'd without any weird lag or missing core issues? I can't seem to find any one who has pulled it off so far.

As far as I can there are only two familes of boards that use both thunderbolt and dual socket:

1) Asus Z10pe-d*
-> Apparently Crazy lag town and problems with getting all the cores recognized
-> http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...v3-clover-el-capitan-system-lags-hangs-7.html

2) Supermicro x10dai
-> Seems to suffer from very similar lag issues.

Am I missing any boards here? Has anyone posted a dual-2011 + thunderbolt hackintosh that works? Searching the board, I've found a lot of attempts but no clear victories. Im willing to accept certain problems or applications not working properly - I just need this thing to be a beast when it comes to After Effects (thus I need the multiple CPU support) and I need a thunderbolt display for tedious, boring work reasons.

I have no idea about thunderold dual socket mobo's but what I am thinking is you could just take a compatible dual socket mobo and put a compatible thunderbolt card in it!

Do such cards exist? I was under the impression that motherboards had to ship with the thunderbolt header. Are there dual socket motherboards other than the ones I listed that have these?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back