Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi there,

I have had a hackintosh for over 6 months, and love using it for music production/Logic Pro. I currently have two screens and was wondering how I could get them to connect and work together in mac. Every time I try to connect I get to the Clover bootloader, choose El Capitan, it loads and then just shows a black screen. I want to connect one display with HDMI and the other with VGA. What do I have to do to make it work?

Thanks

PC Specs : Intel 15 4690k
HD4600 (using it as a GPU)
H97m-D3H
1 Samsung 500GB 850
1 Samsung 250GB 850

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z690 Aero G
CPU
i5-12600K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there,

I have had a hackintosh for over 6 months, and love using it for music production/Logic Pro. I currently have two screens and was wondering how I could get them to connect and work together in mac. Every time I try to connect I get to the Clover bootloader, choose El Capitan, it loads and then just shows a black screen. I want to connect one display with HDMI and the other with VGA. What do I have to do to make it work?

Thanks

PC Specs : Intel 15 4690k
HD4600 (using it as a GPU)
H97m-D3H
1 Samsung 500GB 850
1 Samsung 250GB 850
Apple's OS X hasn't natively supported VGA in a long time. If VGA is the only input to that one monitor...well, time to sell it and get a more modern DVI/HDMI/DP input monitor.

Motherboard
Gigabyte H97M-D3H
CPU
i5 4690K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Apple's OS X hasn't natively supported VGA in a long time. If VGA is the only input to that one monitor...well, time to sell it and get a more modern DVI/HDMI/DP input monitor.
They are both HDMI monitors, one has three HDMI inputs and the other having 2 HDMI ports. I was just wondering at all if it possible to run 2 monitors of internal graphics, one HDMI, and one VGA. The motherboard only has 1 HDMI port.

I use dual monitors when producing or working in Windows 10, and I am waiting for the 1070 to become available and then wait for the hackintosh drivers.

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z690 Aero G
CPU
i5-12600K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
They are both HDMI monitors, one has three HDMI inputs and the other having 2 HDMI ports. I was just wondering at all if it possible to run 2 monitors of internal graphics, one HDMI, and one VGA. The motherboard only has 1 HDMI port.

I use dual monitors when producing or working in Windows 10, and I am waiting for the 1070 to become available and then wait for the hackintosh drivers.
You can't use the motherboard's VGA as it isn't supported, and nobody has developed a kext to make it work. :(

Motherboard
Gigabyte H97M-D3H
CPU
i5 4690K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
You can't use the motherboard's VGA as it isn't supported, and nobody has developed a kext to make it work. :(
Thanks for the support :)

Status
Not open for further replies.