CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
NVIDIA GT 610
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Terribly happy with everything so far, all is working correctly and I‘ve done my fair share of research from the beginning of the project, so I‘m happy with the results.

I‘ve had some minor inconveniences, like thunderbolt not working, but it‘s not a huge deal for now since it‘s not something I need. The second inconvenience that I haven‘t been able to work out is the dual screen not working correctly. I‘m currently using the on board Intel HD 4600 Graphics included with the mobo, and I‘m not planning to buy a card any time soon, but I wanted to make the dual work.

The problem is the following: I have two screens, one HDMI, the other one VGA. I have both ports on the MoBo, and it boots just fine, even shows the bootloader and the Apple Logo correctly, but as soon as it loads up the desktop, it starts distorting everything on the VGA monitor pretty badly. Looks like its mirroring the HDMI, but completely distorted in a weird way. I‘ve attached a picture so you can check it out.

WhatsApp Image 2018-06-04 at 8.16.12 PM.jpeg

Another fact is I have a dual boot with Windows 10, and on that system, the dual monitors work perfectly.

I own a VGA to DVI adapter that I can use, but when I plug that into the DVI port, it only shows a black screen on the second monitor and appears to not receive any signal.

Any idea what could be failing here?

Here‘s the Windows version of the picture, all working correctly.
Like I said, even the boot Apple logo shows up perfectly, and any changes I do to the display based on the HDMI, you can see slight changes in the second (distorted) monitor.

WhatsApp Image 2018-06-04 at 8.19.18 PM.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back