Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have been working on a Hackintosh with the following specs
Mobo GA-X58-UD3R
4 gigs ram
2 gtx 560 ti
I have the system functional with only one graphics card in, but when I add the second card and try to boot with graphics enabler = yes then it seems to boot fine but when it finishes booting (verbose mode) there is no graphics output from any port. When I boot with graphics enabler = no it boots but I'm stuck in low resolution. I found a thread where they named the cards NVIDIA,PARENT and NVIDIA,CHILD but have no idea how to implement this. I would Appreciate any help you can give me, and if you have any other questions or need any more info then don't hesitate to ask.

SLI isn't possible in OS X, you can have two cards "running" but it's a pain to set up.

Yeah, I know its difficult, but I really want someone to give me some hints on how to go about setting it up.

Thanks.

I BELIEVE you have to take out one card for install, then maybe after install you can put it back in. Not 100% sure.

I got to that point and all of the guides I have found say to set graphics enabler to no and put the second card in, which works but I would like to enable full resolution after I install the second card.

thanks

Did you select the Nvidia 10.7.2 Enabler for 5XX cards in MultiBeast?

yes I enabled the card in multibeast, and installed the official cuda drivers.
thanks.

Hi i have a similar problem but with a gtx 470 in which i am on 10.7.4 and install the graphics enabler also install nvidia drivers, cuda drivers as well and can't get full resolution stuck at 1024x768 system see the card correct model and ram and everything. Any help please.

Specs.
GA-P55A-UD4P
EVGA GTX 470 SC

Yeah, I know its difficult, but I really want someone to give me some hints on how to go about setting it up.

Thanks.
First make sure you have the latest version of Chimera. See if that works. If not then switch the primary GFX port in the BIOS to PCIE x16-2. If that doesn't work then try using DSDT edits to enable GFX injection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back