Contribute
Register

Dual Monitors not working with El Capitan, Help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Mavericks 10.9.4
CPU
q6600
Graphics
Nvidia GT630 2GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I have read the laptop FAQ but cant seem to find an answer to this strange problem. I used to boot yosemite from multibeast but decided to use clover as my bootloader and installed El Capitan but after installing and booting into the El Capitan I cant use dual monitors via the display port.

When I plug my monitor in the display port nothing happens.

So I re-installed Yosemite with clover to make sure it was not a problem that specific related to El Capitan and it is not because the displayport is not recognised in Yosemite either. My display port works fine with Unibeast and Yosemite. So it seems it may be a Clover issue?

I have tried to change the smbios as I read this could be reason for your ports not showing up but same problem. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

P.S. I have attached my dsdt, which work as it works 100% under Unibeast.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-10 at 16.22.03.png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-10 at 16.22.03.png
    57.5 KB · Views: 127
  • dsdt.aml
    109.8 KB · Views: 105
Hi,

I have read the laptop FAQ but cant seem to find an answer to this strange problem. I used to boot yosemite from multibeast but decided to use clover as my bootloader and installed El Capitan but after installing and booting into the El Capitan I cant use dual monitors via the display port.

When I plug my monitor in the display port nothing happens.

So I re-installed Yosemite with clover to make sure it was not a problem that specific related to El Capitan and it is not because the displayport is not recognised in Yosemite either. My display port works fine with Unibeast and Yosemite. So it seems it may be a Clover issue?

I have tried to change the smbios as I read this could be reason for your ports not showing up but same problem. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

P.S. I have attached my dsdt, which work as it works 100% under Unibeast.

You should compare the graphics injection (in ioreg) between Chimera/Clover. And probably boot flags.

There is no graphics related _DSM injection in your DSDT, so it is likely something to do with bootloader config, not DSDT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back