Contribute
Register

Dual monitors not working on 660 Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think i have found the answer...unleast for me..i have two vga lcd...

is this the answer ??

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/368758-15-dual-monitor-problem

Well, I had a DVI to VGA adaptor for one monitor but never tried two. Maybe, that is the reason. The older architecture being slowly phased out for the digital items.
Probably out in left field but looked at TV's recently and could one find one that had both component and composite video. Which is needed for the older game hardware we use. Oh well. :(

working great! i have just bought two philips 236v led monitors they run like a charm

my issue was due to the older monitors and architecture..just vga in..

now i got DVI and VGA...

i run my monitors from the DVI-I and DVI-D

god bless the internet!

working great! i have just bought two philips 236v led monitors they run like a charm

my issue was due to the older monitors and architecture..just vga in..

now i got DVI and VGA...

i run my monitors from the DVI-I and DVI-D

god bless the internet!

tell me how did you go to the video card. because I can not go to the second monitor port dvi-d

same problem here
almost the same build as yours
but i use z77x-up5-th
if i use only one monitor,everything smooth
once i tried to plug-in my second monitor.....sign
i use dvi-hdmi as my main monitor,a vga-vga to dvi as the second
and there is nothing there but grey after boot.....still trying and waiting for answers....

many thank
DUAL monitor working ONLY on digital outputs/
F.e. HDMI + DVI-D or two DVI.

I had same problem, but resolve via dvi-D to HDMI adapter like this DVI_To_HDMI_Gold__05599_zoom.jpgand now i have dual monitor connected via HDMI

The problem is I can't get dual monitors to work on my 660 Ti card.
I installed the NVIDIA Fermi >2GB Open CL patch
I installed the NVIDIA 670/680/690 Support patch
I have installed 10.8.2

What am I doing wrong? Have other people gotten dual monitor support working with the card?
Please advise.

You do not need to install an NVIDIA Fermi patch on a Kepler card.

Hey guys, so basically what you are saying is that in order to get dual monitor to work I will need to connect one of my monitors on the DVI-I and the other on the HDMI of the graphics card ?

What I have right now and is not currently working is:

Dell E207WFP with one VGA and one DVD-D Dual Link input

LG 22EN33 with one VGA and one DVD-D Dual Link input as well..

My GTX 660Ti OC has onde DVI-D, one DVI-I and one HDMI...

My cables are all DVI-D Dual Link (both ends) but the working monitor is the one plugged into the DVI-I Dual Link output on the card... Regardless of which monitor is connected to the DVI-I Dual Link output, only this one will work...

I'm running OSX 10.9...
Any help ?
Thank you in advance.

I know this is an old post, but try unplugging your non-working monitor after MacOSX boot up to desktop and then plug it back in.

I solved the issue changing my system definition from Mac Pro 6,1 to Mac Pro 3,1.

I connected two monitors: the first one via HDMI, the second one via DVI (using a DVI to VGA adapter since it's an old monitor).

I don't know why, but it worked.
During booting I see only my VGA monitor, but when OS X is ready I see both of them online.

I solved the issue changing my system definition from Mac Pro 6,1 to Mac Pro 3,1.

I connected two monitors: the first one via HDMI, the second one via DVI (using a DVI to VGA adapter since it's an old monitor).

I don't know why, but it worked.
During booting I see only my VGA monitor, but when OS X is ready I see both of them online.
How did you change from 6,1 to 3,1? Mine is 5,1 and I have a vga to dvi and a dvi-d. I was thinking of buying a display port for my Dell and pas over the dvi to my LG. Thus plugging them in my gtx 980 G1.

Would that work? :roll2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back