Contribute
Register

Dual Monitors not Working in High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Gogeta5026 Did you find a fix for the problem ?
With the release of HS I hoped it would have been fixed but I still can't get my dual monitors to work.

Can I ask how did you connect your screens, by VGA ?

Both screens were connected by DisplayPort. I was able to finally get High Sierra running 100% by using the Vega Frontier Edition card.

Both screens were connected by DisplayPort. I was able to finally get High Sierra running 100% by using the Vega Frontier Edition card.

Ah okay you got a new card :).

That’s even better, i hope I can find a fix.
I ordered a dvi cable in the hope it’s my dvi to vga cable.

Ah okay you got a new card :).

That’s even better, i hope I can find a fix.
I ordered a dvi cable in the hope it’s my dvi to vga cable.

I have the same problem with RX Vega. Let me know if you find a fix. Only one port works in my case.

I was able to fix this problem. I needed Pike's patch for AppleGraphicsKext.. :D :D

Can you link to the patch?
You installed HS with one monitor, and than did the patch ?

Tried it already. Doesn't work for me and probably won't for you. I think we have a different problem than @dashingncool.

Can you link to the patch?
You installed HS with one monitor, and than did the patch ?

I had to do two things
You don't need Lilu or whatever green for this to work. However, if I use them, then my GPU gets detected correctly.
1. Use this patch
Kext: AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy
Find: <626f6172 642d6964>
Replace: <626f6172 642d6978>
(c)Pike R. Alpha

2. Disable CSM mode from BIOS and delete the CSM driver from efi.

This is the config plist which I got from @Gogeta5026 and fixed the problems with my Vega. Now I get occasional crashes chrome like everyone else who is using Vega. But I think thats because the kext itself is buggy.

Attachments

• config.plist (1).zip
    4.4 KB · Views: 200
Today I got my dvi cable and this worked for me... unbelievable I can get to the installer. And have dual screens.

I will comeback when it’s finished if everything is working properly

Today I got my dvi cable and this worked for me... unbelievable I can get to the installer. And have dual screens.

I will comeback when it’s finished if everything is working properly

Hello,

And did it work?I have the same Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back