Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
[SOLVED] Dual monitors dvi - hd radeon 6870 / 10.8 Graphics Enabler=Yes

I want to have 2 monitors working on DVI with my Radeon HD 6870 graphics card.
I know its possible with some changes but I haven't found a solution for 10.8
I want my GraphicsEnabler=Yes (Because I need a fully working Graphics card for my Video editing & Motion graphics)

I don't mind giving away some money for an adapter, but which adapter should I buy for my 1920x1080 LG IPS235 monitor?
I've also tried to connect the second monitor trough HDMI to HDMI but the monitor turns off when I bypass the login screen...

Help me!
BIG THANKS!

SOLUTION = LOOK AT POST #3

Greets,
Tigerking9

I was running dual monitors just fine on my 6870 until 10.8.2. I messed with it for several days until I finally gave up.

I can only get two monitors working with GraphicsEnabler=No but then I have no acceleration. It sounds like you have a similar problem.

I have a miniDP to DVI adapter that works on my MBP but it doesn't enable a 2nd monitor on my 6870. It may work for yours.

This is the adapter that I have:
http://www.amazon.com/Tera-Grand-DisplayPort-Connector-Packaging/dp/B006FKRSUY/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362450640&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=tera+grand+minidp+dvi

Good Luck!

SOLUTION FOUND!!!

To connect Dual Monitors to the "HD Radeon 6870" graphic card with GraphicsEnabler=YES and mac v10.8 :

- I bought an Active Displayport to Single Link DVI adapter (Active is important) (Around 25$)
This is how it looks: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814999030

- Before I plugged the DP to DVI adapter in my graphic card, I also included this in my Boot.plist

Yes, Duckweed and not Gibba...

<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Duckweed</string>
<key>AtiPorts</key>
<string>5</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32@60</string>

Without the Graphics Mode, my second monitor was flickering like a disco ball...

- Enjoy your Dual monitor!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back