Motherboard
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 Gaming -H
CPU
Intel Core I7 8700K
Graphics
Radeon RX 5700 XT
Asus Z390 Gaming-H, Core i7 8700K, Sapphire NITRO+ RX 5700 XT,

Dual monitor setup (2 x Displayport)

Smbios : iMac 19,1 with iGpu only for computing (no displays connected)
Opencore : 0.5.9
Lilu : 1.4.6
WhateverGreen : 1.4.1

agdpmod-pikera in config.plist

After updating to Catalina 10.15.6, dual monitors causing black screen after boot. The DisplayPort for my second monitor causes the issue. The other DisplayPort works fine. (This was working 100% in Catalina 10.15.5).

I know that NAVI cards are hit and miss with DP, but why it broke in this update!? :(

I feel i tried everything, maybe just need to wait for an updated lilu and whatevergreen??
Anyone has a clue?

-Morten

Last edited:
I had the same Problem
Asus Z370A with Dual monitor setup (DVI + Displayport)
Was working before update to 10.15.6

After upgrading LILU to 1.4.6 and Whatevergreen to 1.4.1 is working again:headbang:

Just tried the updates of lilu and whatevergreen, but unfortunately still no love. As soon as I connect the second display, both displays go black. Both of my displays are connected to the Radeon RX 5700 XT. Also tried to connect the second display to the iGPU, which does work, however catalina freezes after a short while....

But thanks for the heads-up "caplod". :)

my: Z370g+8700k+5700xt+dual monitors(dp&hdmi)
I have the same problem. I don't know how to deal it.:eek:

just chiming in, i was going crazy with all this, HDMI works, but displayport was black screen and in fact broke the HDMI signal too.
this seems silly in retrospect, but i was testing out the Displayport on an old monitor with a Displayport-to-VGA cable. Finally got the Displayport-to-HDMI cable out of the closet and plugged it into my TV and Voila - all ports fully working!

Last edited:
just chiming in, i was going crazy with all this, HDMI works, but displayport was black screen and in fact broke the HDMI signal too.
this seems silly in retrospect, but i was testing out the Displayport on an old monitor with a Displayport-to-VGA cable. Finally got the Displayport-to-HDMI cable out of the closet and plugged it into my TV and Voila - all ports fully working!
what graphics card do you have? I have an XFX 5700 XT and I can't get a second DP connection to work, even if I do a DP to HDMI cable.

Experiencing a similar issue after updating from 10.15.3 to 10.15.6 -> Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming | i7 8700 | HD 630
I have no display whatsoever though. Onboard DVI and HDMI not functioning but the machine is definitely booting up as it connects to the network and I can ping it from another machine.

lilu was updated and although I previously didn't need/use whatevergreen, I tried it and no dice. Since I don't have any dedicated graphics I don't think the agdpmod would make a difference for my use case. in fact I currently have -disablegfxfirmware as one of my bootargs although with/without my display is still blank.

If it helps to know, I had an issue up until 10.15.3 where a second display would have a pink/purple hue so I wasn't able to do that but I'd settle for a single working display right about now.

Luckily my CC backup drive is working and I can continue updating the main install EFI. I'd prefer not having to do a clean install right now.

Clover 5120 (tried 5121/22 but wasn't able to get into the boot loader on those versions - I believe there's a known issue)

Asus Z390 Gaming-H, Core i7 8700K, Sapphire NITRO+ RX 5700 XT,

Dual monitor setup (2 x Displayport)

Smbios : iMac 19,1 with iGpu only for computing (no displays connected)
Opencore : 0.5.9
Lilu : 1.4.6
WhateverGreen : 1.4.1

agdpmod-pikera in config.plist

After updating to Catalina 10.15.6, dual monitors causing black screen after boot. The DisplayPort for my second monitor causes the issue. The other DisplayPort works fine. (This was working 100% in Catalina 10.15.5).

I know that NAVI cards are hit and miss with DP, but why it broke in this update!? :(

I feel i tried everything, maybe just need to wait for an updated lilu and whatevergreen??
Anyone has a clue?

-Morten
Hi! do you solve this problem?

I’ve moved the needle a bit on this issue but now I’m stuck with my intel HD630 only showing 7MB of memory which slows down everything graphic wise (screen refresh, video, photos app, metal).

Fixed the no screen issue by playing around with the graphic IDs in clover.

i may just wait at this point and do a full fresh install of Big Sur.

I’ve moved the needle a bit on this issue but now I’m stuck with my intel HD630 only showing 7MB of memory which slows down everything graphic wise (screen refresh, video, photos app, metal).

Fixed the no screen issue by playing around with the graphic IDs in clover.

i may just wait at this point and do a full fresh install of Big Sur.
Any luck fixing the ussue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back