Graphics
Intel HD 4600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have two monitors connected to my Intel HD Graphics 4600: One pc-monitor with HDMI-cable and one HD-TV with DVI-HDMI-cable. When booting with both monitors connected I often get only a grey screen with the apple logo (when the desktop should normally show up) - the only a hard-reset helps. When I boot with only one monitor connected the system boots up without problems. And if I connect the second monitor when the system is running it also works fine. Any ideas? I have configured the two monitors als clone.

Drivers > Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.9.x TRIM Patch Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.0.1123
Bootloaders > Chimera v2.2.1
Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options Customize > Boot Options > Generate CPU States Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode - Desktop Customize > Boot Options > Use KernelCache
Customize > System Definitions > Mac mini > Mac mini 6,2 Customize > Themes > tonymacx86 White

I have the same issue !!

Working with DVI for one monitor and HDMI2VGA adapter on the other ..
If the HDMI is connected .. most chances it'll boot up to 2 grey screens with a cursor ..

Can't figure out what it is ..

Ok, now there's two of us. Do you also have the problem with the HD 4600 or also with your Geforce Card?
I tried graphicsenabler and igpenabler => no difference

It started to be consistent last night when I reinstalled everything with only the igpu
till then .. while still only with igpu (without the gt610 installed) it happened every now and then..
Probably after some system change .. but now it's EVERY TIME ..

The only change in the installations .. I enabled the onboard HDMI audio ..
could it have anything to do with it ??

No clue... Does anybody successfully run Intel HD4xxx graphics with dual monitor in Mavericks? If yes, which bootloader/kexts/settings do you use?

Interesting. I just did a clean install and encountered the same problem GA-H81M-HD3 with Core i3 4330 and HD4600 graphics. The odd thing is - this only happens sometimes. If I just reboot it works. If I reboot with -v it works as well. I would welcome ideas, too.

Some oddities from the Console:

Code:
Lots of: locationd: Deleting /var/folders/zz/[...]

mds: (Normal) Volume [...] **** Bootstrapped Creating a default store:0 [...] /Volumes/firemwaresyncd.GNJN6Q

Last one ist the last entry.

#edit2: I could boot a few times now with IGPlatformID=0A160000 as boot flag. Still testing, but looks good. Maybe you should try this as well and report back.

I guess the problem lies with some timeout on the graphics initialization which sometimes happens to fast or too slow. Other framebuffers offer different timeouts so this might work.

Interesting. I just did a clean install and encountered the same problem GA-H81M-HD3 with Core i3 4330 and HD4600 graphics. The odd thing is - this only happens sometimes. If I just reboot it works. If I reboot with -v it works as well. I would welcome ideas, too.

Some oddities from the Console:

Code:
Lots of: locationd: Deleting /var/folders/zz/[...]

mds: (Normal) Volume [...] **** Bootstrapped Creating a default store:0 [...] /Volumes/firemwaresyncd.GNJN6Q

Last one ist the last entry.

#edit2: I could boot a few times now with IGPlatformID=0A160000 as boot flag. Still testing, but looks good. Maybe you should try this as well and report back.

I guess the problem lies with some timeout on the graphics initialization which sometimes happens to fast or too slow. Other framebuffers offer different timeouts so this might work.

Hey, awesome! Adding the IGPlattformID=0A160000 did it for me! System boots up fine with two monitors, tanks a lot!
I tested a few things and one time I connected the HD-TV while the system was runnig, it froze. But that's not as annoying as the grey screen, so a clear progress for me!

Well .. for what it's worth ... I've tried the IGPlatformID ... and the results were inconsistent.
The system gave me SH*T for the whole of SAT .. :)

I looked back and realized it was since upgrading to 10.9.2 ... I'm back on 10.9.1
and it runs boots and restarts with no problem .. with no IGPlatformID or anything ..

I'm still lookin' for what can be done .. but I got lots of work to do on this week .. so I need
my system up and running .. (lucky I got into the backup frenzy! It really came thru at the end) :)

Best of luck to y'all .. I'll be checkin' into this post from time to time ..

Thanx guys !

I was experimenting with display cables a little bit and I encountered a strange phenomenon:
My board has one DVI port and one HDMI port.
The displays both have HDMI.
When I connect one display via HDMI and the other one with a HDMI-DVI-adaptor everything works perfectly.
If I connect them the other way around, the system becomes very unstable (sometimes grey screen, sometimes freezes).

That's with the IGPlatformID. If I remove it, both configurations don't work very well.
Now I'm using the better connection-configuration with the IGPlatformID and that makes me happy.

Maybe that helps somebody.

Just boot only with 1 monitor plugged in and after you reached the Desktop plug in the other one and boom it magically will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back