i5 6500
Graphics
HD530
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello! I can't get my El Capitan build to work with dual monitors (one with DVI, the other with HDMI or both with HDMI).

I can boot and see the boot menu with both monitors but when OS X starts, one screen goes black and the other has fuzzy graphics and I am able to see only the top bar.

"Hotplugging" doesnt seem to work.

Note: Dual monitor in all port configurations work perfectly (1080p @ 60Hz) in Windows 10.

Any Suggestions ?

My build:
OS X: El Capitan
Mobo: Gigabyte H170N - Wifi
CPU: i5 6500 Skylake with HD530
I have followed this guide for this setup: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-el-capitan-on-the-skylake-h170n-wifi.178197/

Hello! I can't get my El Capitan build to work with dual monitors (one with DVI, the other with HDMI or both with HDMI).

I can boot and see the boot menu with both monitors but when OS X starts, one screen goes black and the other has fuzzy graphics and I am able to see only the top bar.

"Hotplugging" doesnt seem to work.

Note: Dual monitor in all port configurations work perfectly (1080p @ 60Hz) in Windows 10.

Any Suggestions ?

My build:
OS X: El Capitan
Mobo: Gigabyte H170N - Wifi
CPU: i5 6500 Skylake with HD530
I have followed this guide for this setup: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-el-capitan-on-the-skylake-h170n-wifi.178197/

I found the solution for the dual monitor by wildwillow
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ing-as-of-10-11-4.188891/page-15#post-1253891

Also see this post:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-imac-15-or-imac-17-system-definition.183113/

Basically need to remove AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy from the clover config. Hope it helps.

Thanks tonymacx86 :D

Any luck with Sierra? I've tried to do the same (Config2 => none for Mac-65CE76090165799A) and nothing :( GIGABYTE H170M-D3H + i5-6400

Any luck with Sierra? I've tried to do the same (Config2 => none for Mac-65CE76090165799A) and nothing :( GIGABYTE H170M-D3H + i5-6400

Nope. I believe you shouldn't try Sierra for now. Until the Skylake build is completely working. My suggestion is to roll back to OS El Capitan and follow this guide.

Cheers.

@wildwillow I've tried to dump IOReg with DVI monitor connected to both DVI & HDMI, and results are the same, always same port. 4-screen patch was not applied and AGDPFix was not applied before dumping IOReg. I feel that I'm missing something.

Attachments

• HDMI.ioreg
    2.8 MB · Views: 178
  • DVI.ioreg
    2.8 MB · Views: 176
I mean separately connected monitor via DVI-DVI and next time with HDMI-DVI link

@wildwillow I've tried to dump IOReg with DVI monitor connected to both DVI & HDMI, and results are the same, always same port. 4-screen patch was not applied and AGDPFix was not applied before dumping IOReg. I feel that I'm missing something.
You'll need to add the 4th port patch as this should eliminate each connection showing up on port0x6. Then if you make an IOReg connected to each individually you'll see what framebuffer connector they are attached to. The patch for HDMI/DVI are the same and will need to be applied for both attached connectors. Also it would be worth using the AGDPFix to allow dual monitors.

@wildwillow done (4 patch + AGDPFix), yet for some reason still shows on same port :( please see attached

Attachments

• config (2).plist
    6.8 KB · Views: 334
  • DVI (1).ioreg
    2.6 MB · Views: 200
  • HDMI (1).ioreg
    2.8 MB · Views: 174
Yes you are right. The 4 port patch has worked along with AGDPfix but both showing up on the same port.
Could you try the config.plist attached. If they both show up on Port0X6 again. Could you try booting each individual monitor and hot plugging the 2nd monitor. Could you make an IOReg once connected. If both screens go black, set your system up for screen share and see if you can get an IOReg that way.

Attachments

• config.plist
    7 KB · Views: 317
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back