Contribute
Register

Dual monitor unavailable with 1050 Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks VioletDragon. What's the easiest way to do that? Can you point me to the best method? (The first few options that come up in search aren't too intuitive.)

Thanks VioletDragon. What's the easiest way to do that? Can you point me to the best method? (The first few options that come up in search aren't too intuitive.)

Add Change PEGP to GFX0 to ACPI, DSDT, Patches. Create a SSDT.

Code:
change PEGP to GFX0
<50454750>
<47465830>

Code:
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "GFX0_HDAU", 0)
{
    External(_SB_.PCI0.PEG0, DeviceObj)
    External(_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.GFX0, DeviceObj)
    Scope(_SB.PCI0.PEG0)
    {
        Scope(GFX0)
        {
            Method (_DSM, 4)
            {
                If (!Arg2) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 }) }
                Return (Package()
                {
                    "@0,connector-type", Buffer() { 0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00 },
                    "@1,connector-type", Buffer() { 0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00 },
                    "@2,connector-type", Buffer() { 0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00 },
                    "@3,connector-type", Buffer() { 0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00 },
                    "@4,connector-type", Buffer() { 0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00 },
                    "@5,connector-type", Buffer() { 0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00 },
                    "hda-gfx", Buffer () { "onboard-2" },
                })
            }
        }
        Device(HDAU)
        {
            Name(_ADR, 1)
            Method(_DSM, 4)
            {
                If (!Arg2) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 }) }
                Return (Package()
                {
                    "hda-gfx",Buffer() { "onboard-2" },
                })
            }
        }
    }
}
//EOF

There is no followup saying if this fixed the problem. I am having similar issues.

I have the 1050 Ti card. I have awesome graphics with a single HDMI connection. But "No Signal" issues when I plug in a second HDMI monitor. I tried using a DVI-D cable to the monitor and the monitor came up but the graphics were degraded (fonts fuzzy and almost unreadable). I do have a DP port on the card that I haven't tried as I don't have a cable.

I am looking for any suggestions. Thanks

There is no followup saying if this fixed the problem. I am having similar issues.

I have the 1050 Ti card. I have awesome graphics with a single HDMI connection. But "No Signal" issues when I plug in a second HDMI monitor. I tried using a DVI-D cable to the monitor and the monitor came up but the graphics were degraded (fonts fuzzy and almost unreadable). I do have a DP port on the card that I haven't tried as I don't have a cable.

I am looking for any suggestions. Thanks

I have the Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti and had no issues using a DVI to HDMI adapter. Just because you didn't say, I'm going to ask what could be seen as stupid questions. Did you try changing the resolution (for the low quality issue)? did you try swapping monitors to see if it was the same on both?

For me, the DVI connected monitor became the primary one when I had it plugged in, was that the same for you?

This is the one that I bought if that helps any. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B2HORS6/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

I have the Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti and had no issues using a DVI to HDMI adapter. Just because you didn't say, I'm going to ask what could be seen as stupid questions. Did you try changing the resolution (for the low quality issue)? did you try swapping monitors to see if it was the same on both?

For me, the DVI connected monitor became the primary one when I had it plugged in, was that the same for you?

This is the one that I bought if that helps any. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B2HORS6/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

I used a DVI cable straight to the monitor as it has DVI input. I lowered the resolution and it cleared up a little but not enough to be happy with. Both monitors are exactly the same 1440p monitors, brand new. HDMI output to either monitor is good, no resolution issues. The DVI cable is brand new also but I got it at Best Buy and maybe that is my issue. Would you recommend the DVI->HDMI adapter? Should I try a DP->HDMI adapter. I hate to just throw money at it. But I guess a few adapters are small potatoes vs a new video card.

I used a DVI cable straight to the monitor as it has DVI input. I lowered the resolution and it cleared up a little but not enough to be happy with. Both monitors are exactly the same 1440p monitors, brand new. HDMI output to either monitor is good, no resolution issues. The DVI cable is brand new also but I got it at Best Buy and maybe that is my issue. Would you recommend the DVI->HDMI adapter? Should I try a DP->HDMI adapter. I hate to just throw money at it. But I guess a few adapters are small potatoes vs a new video card.

My apologies for assuming you were using an adapter cable to start with. Doing a quick read of the DVI page on Wikipedia, it supports a max resolution of 2560x1600 at 60Hz when using a dual link cable. Since your monitor is just under that in number of pixels high, I would think you would be ok. Because you are at such a high resolution, I would probably consider a DP to HDMI adapter if you want to try the adapter route. Do you have any friends with a DVI dual link cable you could borrow just to try to see if it's the cable or borrow one from work if you work at a company that would allow that?

No worries. Thanks for chiming in. Sometimes it is just helpful to bounce ideas off other people. I didn't even think of trying another DVI cable until you mentioned it. I pulled one off another computer, same results.

If yours works, then I have to assume that I have a hardware issue. I think I will order a DP->HDMI adapter. If that doesn't resolve the problem I will have to see if I can return the video card and look for another.

No worries. Thanks for chiming in. Sometimes it is just helpful to bounce ideas off other people. I didn't even think of trying another DVI cable until you mentioned it. I pulled one off another computer, same results.

If yours works, then I have to assume that I have a hardware issue. I think I will order a DP->HDMI adapter. If that doesn't resolve the problem I will have to see if I can return the video card and look for another.

I do also have different monitors. I'm using two new HP 23es monitors that top off at 1080p. There is also the annoying possibility of some Clover configuration mishap. I'm on mobile at the moment so I haven't looked back at the entire thread, but if you haven't posted that already (minus your serial in. I have no idea why, just seen other people say that), you could try doing that and see if anyone more knowledgeable in the matter is willing to take a look at it.

The GTX 1050 and 1050 ti will only output ONE HDMI

Instead of getting a whole new card, just find yourself a DVI to HDMI adapter (or a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter)

Well that's a bummer. I picked this card specifically for the multiple HDMI ports and bought screens specifically with HDMI inputs for this. The card was on back order and I waited a while for it and looked into others as a replacememt, but it was the only one on the supported GPUs list on this sight that was within my price range and had more than 1 HDMI.

Is this just an issue with Hackintosh type machines or does the same issue exist on windows with these?

Well that's a bummer. I picked this card specifically for the multiple HDMI ports and bought screens specifically with HDMI inputs for this. The card was on back order and I waited a while for it and looked into others as a replacememt, but it was the only one on the supported GPUs list on this sight that was within my price range and had more than 1 HDMI.

Is this just an issue with Hackintosh type machines or does the same issue exist on windows with these?

This is just a Hackintosh issue. One of the things I discovered when researching this myself is that Nvidia releases spec sheets (can't remember the actual name they use) for how this video card should be built by the manufacturers who make video cards. The spec sheet for the GTX 1050 Ti was (from possibly wrong memory from 6+ months ago) 1xHDMI, 3xDP, 1xDVI. The one from Gigabyte has 3xHDMI, 1xDP, 1xDVI. Somehow, because the Gigabyte model differences from the spec sheet that Nvidia created, only 1 HDMI port works. While I was using MacOS (no longer am, got tired of sound issues) I purchased an HDMI-to-DVI adapter to make my second monitor work with this video card. The theory stands true for a DisplayPort-to-HDMI adapter as well, but I don't remember reading anyone trying it with this card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back