Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel C226
CPU
Xeon E3-1225V3
Graphics
Intel HD P4600
Hi all, seems like there are a few threads about dual monitor issues with the 1050; starting a new one in case someone has this specific problem. I just installed the Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti and only one HDMI port works. Tried several SSUIDs (including 14,2), changed to PCE in BIOS, the changes here, etc. I can't seem to get more than one HDMI port to work at a time.

I'm attaching my config and ioreg. (Somewhere along the way I lost some USB functionality, so I'm back to the earliest working config.plist).

Thanks in advance for your help!

-mashugly

P.S. If someone knows of a cheap dual HDMI card that's guaranteed to work, let me know and I'll return this one!

Attachments

• config copy.plist
    3.2 KB · Views: 309
  • BigThink.ioreg
    7.5 MB · Views: 249
Last edited:
The GTX 1050 and 1050 ti will only output ONE HDMI

Instead of getting a whole new card, just find yourself a DVI to HDMI adapter (or a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter)

Thanks MacPack, much appreciated. I'll give it a try!

Hello All,
I had a heck of a time to get this card to work properly! After some trial and error and finally got it working my second display stayed black and I just used one HDMI and one Display Port and everything seemed fine until today, it. won't. stop. flickering. I do not understand why. It would do it a few times and then it would be fine but now it doesn't stop and the "main" display is starting to flicker as well.

Any ideas??!?

I apologize if this post isn't up to par I don't usually post one forums and I can't find anything on the situation I am having!

Thanks,
Jim

Yep, I'm also stuck; bought the HDMI adapter, but still no luck—the monitor reports no signal for the second (HDMI) screen.

My .plist is attached.

Attachments

• config copy 2.plist
    3.4 KB · Views: 407
Yep, I'm also stuck; bought the HDMI adapter, but still no luck—the monitor reports no signal for the second (HDMI) screen.

My .plist is attached.

I made a few edit - feel free to compare to find them - don't forget to put your serial back in.

Attachments

• config copy 2.plist
    3.5 KB · Views: 396
Hey MacPack, thanks so much for taking the time to help; I appreciate it.

I swapped it out with the one you provided, but no change.

Bumped because I know others are dealing with similar issues. Thanks in advance.

Hi all, seems like there are a few threads about dual monitor issues with the 1050; starting a new one in case someone has this specific problem. I just installed the Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti and only one HDMI port works. Tried several SSUIDs (including 14,2), changed to PCE in BIOS, the changes here, etc. I can't seem to get more than one HDMI port to work at a time.

I'm attaching my config and ioreg. (Somewhere along the way I lost some USB functionality, so I'm back to the earliest working config.plist).

Thanks in advance for your help!

-mashugly

P.S. If someone knows of a cheap dual HDMI card that's guaranteed to work, let me know and I'll return this one!

Graphics is showing under PEGP. Should be under GFX0. No Ports are injected neither. Will require renaming PEGP to GFX0 with a SSDT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back