Intel Core i5 6500
Graphics
Intel 530
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey all,

I recently just finished my first ever Hackintosh build and am extremely happy with it apart from one major issue..

The specs:
  • Intel Core Skylake Processor i5-6500
  • Gigabyte H170N-WI-FI Motherboard
  • Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB Kit (8 GB x 2) DDR4 2400
  • Corsair 550W CS550M
  • Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB
  • Broadcom BCM94352Z DW1560 Wireless-AC 867M WiFi Bluetooth 4.0 NGFF M.2 Card (being shipped)
  • OSX El Capitan (not sierra)
NOTE: I'm using integrated GFX as I don't want to spend anymore just yet on a GPU but maybe in the near future!

I followed ammulder's guide on installing El Capitan and everything is working apart from my Display Ports. I have a HDMI plugged in (top HDMI port on mobo) and works fine it's just when I have my other monitor hooked up using either the other HDMI provided or DVI port I get a complete blank display and my other monitor is still working as normal.

I tried other guides, few different tweaks and even hotplugging but that doesn't seem to work. I also tried taking the HDMI out of the working port and inserting it into another HDMI or DVI and that doesn't seem to work either.

Please help me as I would highly appreciate it and would love to be using this amazing build with 2 monitors instead of 1. :D

Regards, Emphasising

I have dual monitors working as long as only one monitor is on when I boot up. In my case I turn on the second monitor at the desktop. Others report they have to hotplug. It seems to matter which monitor you have on at boot, so you should experiment with that.

I'm currently on El Cap. I believe dual monitors are trickier with Sierra.

The steps I took were
1. added the 4 port patch, inject intel = true, ig-platform-id 0x19120000
2. used IOReg to determine which port was which connector. I booted with only one monitor connected at a time (I have HDMI, DVI, and VGA; I ignored VGA), and filtered by "display" in IOReg to determine that my port 0x05 was HDMI and my port 0x06 was DVI, and I added patches in config.plist to force those ports to the right connector type (00020000 is the connector type for DVI; 00040000 is the connector type for DP, the default; 00080000 is the connector type for HDMI).
3. because I use MacPro 6,1 SMBIOS I applied the AGDPFix, which seems to be required for dual monitors on MacPro 6,1 and some of the later iMac (17,1 and 17,2, I think) SMBIOSes. Look for the threads on the AGDPFix to see if your system may require it. If you don't care, probably use iMac 14,1 or iMac 14,2 SMBIOS.
4. make sure you have at least 64MB dedicated GPU memory in the BIOS; when you boot to the desktop and go to about this mac, make sure it does NOT say 7MB graphics memory; it should say like "1592 MB" graphics memory or something like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back