CPU
i3-4130
Graphics
hd 4400
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I installed big sur latest using Opencore vanilla guide and it worked perfectly on single monitor but the trouble begins when I plug in the second monitor.
Help me to use my second monitor.
What I've done:
  • used only vga/hdmi port at onece a time and it worked (that means vga is working)
  • hot plug (it gives panic/black screen)
  • modify port name (didn't worked
System:
  • processor: i3-4130
  • Graphics: Intel HD 4400
  • Display: 1366x768 + 1600x800
  • ram: 8 gb 1333 mhz
  • ethernet: Realtek RTL8111GR
  • Storage: 120GB ssd
EFI folder link: https://github.com/Shoyayeb/Hackintosh
Any help will be appreciated
Thank You.

Attachments

• config.plist
    27.6 KB · Views: 234
VGA connectors are not supported by macOS. Apple have never used them on any of their Intel systems. Some people have been fortunate and their VGA ports have been identified as DisplayPorts and worked. A lot more people have had issues using VGA connections.

Your motherboard supports the following:
- Supports HDMI with max. resolution up to 1920x1200 @ 60Hz
- Supports D-Sub (VGA) with max. resolution up to 1920x1200 @ 60Hz

You are obviously not getting anything like these resolutions, so the issues you are facing go further than just the connectors not working at the same time.

If you can get the system working on both connectors but separately, you may be able to create a custom framebuffer for your system.

Have a read of this framebuffer patching guide - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ching-guide-hdmi-black-screen-problem.269149/

Ideally for dual monitors on your low end Haswell system, I would recommend you add a discrete graphics card.

A Nvidia Kepler series single slot GPU such as the GT 710 2GB dGPU, with DVI and HDMI outputs would probably be your best option in this market. But obviously only if your monitors can connect via DVI and HDMI.

Tnanks for helping me. I'll try the framebuffer patching :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back