HD4600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi!

I just recently upgraded my specs and finished setting up a new build. Everything was working like a charm for a several days or so besides couple little issues.

1)In SMBios my hack is setup as iMac 14.2. I have 2 screens connected to it (HDMI, DVI). In display preferences it shows 3 monitors - iMac and my 2 real monitors. How do I get rid of "internal" display?

2) Since I came from HD4000 which was trouble free, I thought HD4600 works outside of the box too. Initially when I installed it, I had one of my monitors connected with HDMI->HDMI and the other one is HDMI->DVI. Since I didn't know it could be a problem if cables are switched, I replaced my HDMI->DVI cable with DVI->DVI. Not only I couldn't boot after I did it, it took me quite a bit of time to finally make it work by playing around with FakeID and igi settings. Now, it looks like it works but the screen is black after monitors awake.
Do I need to make any changes to config.plist? Like in Devices Tab, do I keep IntelGFX as 0x0000 and then use something for IGPlatformID and IGPDeviceID?

My specs are as follows: Z97 Gryphon, 4790K, Corsair Vengeance, 850EVO, eVGA 750W G2 PSU. Vanilla Yosemite 10.10.3 Clover installation.

Any help is sincerely appreciated.

Thank you!

I'm using 2nd question is related to sleep/wake issues. I'm trying all methods I can find but still no luck. When the system wakes up - it seems that brightness is set to the lowest level and the system is frozen.

As for the 1st question, no one uses iMac definition with the dual screen setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back