CPU
i7 8700k
Graphics
Sapphire Nitro+ 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So, I finally got Yosemite working on my old ex58-ud5 motherboard with a radeon 290x and have almost everything working but when I plug in another monitor I just get two black screens and it never displays the Yosemite desktop, even when I have Yosemite up and running on one and plug in the 2nd monitor both to black.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

I ran the Lux Mark benchmark tool and here are my results, I have no idea if thats good or bad..

Attachments

• evil.jpg
    evil.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 352
i have same problem on r9 270x.
When i plug in only one display to hdmi everything works fine.
When i plug in second display to DVI Yosemite not start. Stuck on boot.

In Mavericks dual displays works fine too.

For some reason some of the smbios have been whitelisted and some features won't work with them in Yosemite like I couldn't get dual monitors working with an iMac definition and had to use a Mac pro 3,1 so try that out

i have "MacPro3,1"

Dual not work :)

Do you install Yosemite with chimera or clover bootloader?

Give me please link to the installation instructions which you used

I installed using the chimera usb stick (http://www.tonymacx86.com/445-unibeast-install-os-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html) and on the first boot, instead of installing chimera through multibeast, i installed clover and put all the needed kexts (ethernet and fakesmc in my case) and config.conf in the efi partition that clover shows after its own installation.

I tried a few things today w/o much luck. ill try clover also, but last week I did this and ran into constant rebooting when it booted into Yosemite

still does not work a second screen connected to the dvi-d :(

im still fiddling with this, i might just try one dvi and one display port to see if it works..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back