Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
Intel i3770K
Graphics
EVGA GTX980 Ti Classified
Hello,

When High Sierra Start (Screen with Grey Background with Apple) i have 2 monitors actived. But when arrived to logon just one actived and the second is black. I'm logon and only one is actived the second monitor is black too.

I test with and without Graphics Texts.

On Sierra the Dual Monitor work perfectly with NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext but not in High Sierra.

My config:
  • Nvidia Drivers: 378.10.10.10.15.114
  • Clover 4220
  • Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
  • Proc: i3770K
  • Dual Monitor: 2x DELL U2713HM Connected with Display Port
  • Graphic Card: EVGA GTX980 Ti Classified
  • SMBIOS: iMac13,2

Graphics Test with Kexts: \EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Others\:
  • Lilu.kext (v1.1.7)
  • NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext (v1.1.3)
  • NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext
Others Kexts installed: \EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Others\:
  • AppleIntelE1000e.kext (v3.3.3)
  • FakeSMC.kext (v6.21-311-g2958f55.1723)
I join my config.plist.

UPDATE:
When i check Mirror Display in System Preferences, the 2 monitors actived but when i uncheck Mirror Displays the second monitor is black again :(

Thanks by advance for your help.

Solved with the latest Nvidia Drivers 378.10.10.10.15.121

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.8 KB · Views: 446
Last edited:
I read in another forum thread about folks with a similar issue, one monitor not working in a dual monitor setup. It was a strange solution since typically HDMI can be a little flaky on Hackintoshes and I usually advise that if you have DVI and/or DP you use them first and avoid HDMI, but this fellow said that plugging one monitor into both HDMI AND DP (crazy) worked for him. I would presume that he had three digital outputs, DVI, DP and HDMI, and he plugged one monitor into TWO outputs and the other monitor into one output. Now that sounds crazy to me, and perhaps I don't have the details right. Dual monitors can sometimes be really flaky. On Intel IGPUs I've had to turn on the second monitor at the desktop to get it to work, but with discrete I haven't heard of that solution being needed by anyone but it'd be worth a try for you as well (boot with it off, turn it on at desktop).

I connect on first display port. I started and login, and i connect second screen to DVI Port and now have 2 screens. But when i connect the second screen with display port and i switch with screen menu to DVI to Display Port, the system crash :)

DVI and Display port is OK. But 2 display port problem. I have no problem with Sierra but High Sierra... I hope a kext or patch solution. In the future i test with fresh install but i think is only a drivers problem.

Any idea to test the GPU? To know if everything works well with new drivers?

Thanks

I connect on first display port. I started and login, and i connect second screen to DVI Port and now have 2 screens. But when i connect the second screen with display port and i switch with screen menu to DVI to Display Port, the system crash :)

DVI and Display port is OK. But 2 display port problem. I have no problem with Sierra but High Sierra... I hope a kext or patch solution. In the future i test with fresh install but i think is only a drivers problem.

Any idea to test the GPU? To know if everything works well with new drivers?

Thanks

i have the same problem.
Have you resolved?

Same issue too

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 9.09.40 PM.png

S.jpg

Try to put GPFX in the BIOS and not PCI 1

Seeing a similar problem w/ a GTX980:
3xDP, 1xHDMI, 1xDVI ports on the card

With one monitor connected to DP (any of the 3 ports) it works fine - When connecting a second monitor to DP, both go blank, but recover when you unplug one of them

With the second monitor connected to DVI port (DVI->HDMI cable, so DVI port on card, HDMI port on monitor), both work fine

With a Third monitor, 2 via DP and 1 via DVI, all three work. However, disconnecting the DVI cable causes the other two to go blank

Both monitors connected to DP worked fine on Sierra, although it was sometimes necessary to disconnect/reconnect one of them to get both working after a reboot

Getting some interesting messages in the Console:

in system.log -> com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.preference.displays.MirrorDisplays): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.

this occurs every 10 seconds in the system.log regardless of what monitors are connected

In the device log ->
com.apple.AmbientDisplayAgent Invalid display 0x------------ (a bunch of times, each with different values)
Window Server Error: Unable to acquire capabilities, return code: 0x2006

Also noted: Under Sierra, some Valve games would refuse to run with two displays, throwing an OpenGL error. These work under HS with both displays

Hope this helps someone

Seeing a similar problem w/ a GTX980:
3xDP, 1xHDMI, 1xDVI ports on the card

With one monitor connected to DP (any of the 3 ports) it works fine - When connecting a second monitor to DP, both go blank, but recover when you unplug one of them

With the second monitor connected to DVI port (DVI->HDMI cable, so DVI port on card, HDMI port on monitor), both work fine

With a Third monitor, 2 via DP and 1 via DVI, all three work. However, disconnecting the DVI cable causes the other two to go blank

Both monitors connected to DP worked fine on Sierra, although it was sometimes necessary to disconnect/reconnect one of them to get both working after a reboot

Getting some interesting messages in the Console:

in system.log -> com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.preference.displays.MirrorDisplays): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.

this occurs every 10 seconds in the system.log regardless of what monitors are connected

In the device log ->
com.apple.AmbientDisplayAgent Invalid display 0x------------ (a bunch of times, each with different values)
Window Server Error: Unable to acquire capabilities, return code: 0x2006

Also noted: Under Sierra, some Valve games would refuse to run with two displays, throwing an OpenGL error. These work under HS with both displays

Hope this helps someone

I have the same issue on a similar card. I normally have 2 monitors plugged into separate DP ports. In sierra I did not have any issues. In High Sierra, I get blank screens with 2 monitors, and need to disconnect one to get the other to work. Have you made any progress on this?

I have the same issue on a similar card. I normally have 2 monitors plugged into separate DP ports. In sierra I did not have any issues. In High Sierra, I get blank screens with 2 monitors, and need to disconnect one to get the other to work. Have you made any progress on this?

in the bios , try to put IGFX and not PCI 1 and activate internal graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back