Jingsha and Gigabyte H22M
CPU
Xeon E5-2687W V1 and Core i5-3770
Graphics
AMD 280x
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hello all.
i have built my previous Hackintosh made to run Mac OS X Mojave but I need to uprade as I do a lot of Final Cut Pro work and large Blender and After Effects Renders.
i am interested in going with a Dual Xeon Built and was considering Xeon E5-2687W as they are relatively fast with 8 cores each (I will be going with V1 or V2 as DDR3 is much cheaper and I already have some modules)

if anyone has a stable dual LGA 2011 Hackintosh that they currently use please share your motherboard recommendations. Budget isn’t an immediate issue under 2000$

-Some things I need are- at least 5PCIE slots (2x16 and the rest can be 4x)

-Support for 256GB+ DDR3 ECC Ram (So preferable 8+ Dimm slots as I have 32GB Modules)

-And support for ATX (Not exact but at least possible to modify into an atx case)

I am not too worried on the difficulty, power consumption, External I/O (Or internal SATA ports however more would be nice) Nor the manufacture as long as it is reliable and works

Thanks very kindly

I have successfully install Mojave on a cheap JingSha/ Kllisre Dual X79 motherboard with two E5-2630L v2, but I don’t recommend it. BIOS is “by default” with 12 DIMMs slots per CPU but the motherboard only have 4 slots per CPU... then, Mojave doesn’t start if CPU2 DIMM are populated. I should add patches for DIMM slots in config.list with Clover Configurator to avoid kernel panic.
Finally, Mojave works, also with a pair of Radeon RX580/8GB from XFX, very fast for export photos from Capture One v11

Sleep doesn’t work, because there is no S3 Sleep option in the BIOS (only S1)
Maybe it is better to have an Asus or SuperMicro board, but it costs 2 or 3 times the price

Thanks for your response.
i have actually bought a Jingsha motherboard and dual Xeons with 128GB DDR3 ram and it works beautifully. Had it for almost a year And forgot about these threads I have attached a photo of my board and confirms it works up to Mojave (I’m running High Sierra for stability reasons as I could never get it working reliably)

I also have the exact same GPU (XFX 580 8GB) but only 1.
Its a great MB for the price

Attachments

• 97A5683B-7AA9-4217-8B98-3B2AB8D97DB0.jpeg
    97A5683B-7AA9-4217-8B98-3B2AB8D97DB0.jpeg
    546.3 KB · Views: 87
I have the previous version of the motherboard, where the 2 slots PCI-E x16 are closers than on yours
Do you have the same unoptimized BIOS than mine?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    102.2 KB · Views: 116
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 110
I believe so. It’s American Megatrends bios. I have an M.2 ssd for the OS. I run into this damned issue on Mojave where the display doesn’t update unless I input something on keyboard (Example: Running Cinebench on Mojave, the squares don’t update unless I hold a key) and it does that all the time, so I’ve put it back to High Sierra to edit with final cut, but I would like Mojave working. Is it possible to me to check out your EFI folder to see if it helps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back