i7-6900K
Graphics
GTX 770, GTX 980 Ti
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there!

Recently I've upgraded my rig from GTX 770 to GTX 980 ti. But i really need the two cards work in Davinci Resolve.
I can get my rig boot either with 770 or 980 ti but not them together. The screen just stays blank and if I push the power button it turns off immediately, like the system never booted. The BIOS screen also doesn't show up.
Has anyone had successful bootup with mixed GPUs setup?
Any help will be much appreciated! I can post any info on my rig upon request.

Thank you!

Hi there!

Recently I've upgraded my rig from GTX 770 to GTX 980 ti. But i really need the two cards work in Davinci Resolve.
I can get my rig boot with either 770 or 980 ti but not them together.
Has anyone had successful bootup with mixed GPUs setup?
Any help will be much appreciated! I can post any info on my rig upon request.

Thank you!
not sure dual gpu's is supported but i could be wrong

not sure dual gpu's is supported but i could be wrong
I've done 8800GT and GTX 770 before, as long with 770 and 760
Maybe two 980 Ti will work?

Well, it's not a macOS / Hackintosh issue if you can't even reach the BIOS splash screen.

I'd suggest to make sure that your power supply is sufficient and have a look into your mainboard's manual to find out weather it needs any special configuration for dual GPUs.

Well, it's not a macOS / Hackintosh issue if you can't even reach the BIOS splash screen.

I'd suggest to make sure that your power supply is sufficient and have a look into your mainboard's manual to find out weather it needs any special configuration for dual GPUs.
I have PSU of 760 watts, was blaming PSU too, but after reading the net people say it's just enough for those cards. hmm

I have PSU of 760 watts, was blaming PSU too, but after reading the net people say it's just enough for those cards. hmm

IMO, just enough is never enough. It also depends on the quality of your PSU to be able to consistently deliver that power cleanly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back