i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've been scratching my head past few days trying to figure this out out.. I am trying to figure out how to properly set up graphics on my system. I have an i7-6700K (Intel HD Graphics 530) and an AMD Radeon RX580 installed. I followed the Lilu and plugins guide to Whatevergreen and set up my headless GPU configuration. All looks great, everything checked out. Only issue I am having is whenever I go to export from Final Cut or Premere, my CPU cranks up all the way indicating hardware acceleration is using the iGPU QuickSync instead of my AMD graphics card.. I have followed the Lilu and plugins guide verbatim so my clover file is fairly clean and just added the device properties for both Whatevergreen and AppleALC. I have my SMBIOS set up as iMac17,1. I've been trying to figure this out but whatever information I land on seems to be outdated, or just simply doesn't work for me. What makes me scratch my head even more is that if I use ScreenFlow to export with Hardware Accelerated codec option, it utilizes my AMD GPU! I have made sure to set project settings ins Premiere to use Hardware Acceleration, I've tried both meta and openCL options, but still uses full CPU power. I don't think if there is any specific option with final cut but I do make sure to use the H.264 encoding option but again, cranks the CPU all the way up and almost no load on the GPU. I've tried pretty much every answer I've found online but the results are the same. Can someone please guide me in the right direction as to properly setting up my graphics settings? I can upload more files to explain as needed.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4 KB · Views: 186
I've been scratching my head past few days trying to figure this out out.. I am trying to figure out how to properly set up graphics on my system. I have an i7-6700K (Intel HD Graphics 530) and an AMD Radeon RX580 installed. I followed the Lilu and plugins guide to Whatevergreen and set up my headless GPU configuration. All looks great, everything checked out. Only issue I am having is whenever I go to export from Final Cut or Premere, my CPU cranks up all the way indicating hardware acceleration is using the iGPU QuickSync instead of my AMD graphics card.. I have followed the Lilu and plugins guide verbatim so my clover file is fairly clean and just added the device properties for both Whatevergreen and AppleALC. I have my SMBIOS set up as iMac17,1. I've been trying to figure this out but whatever information I land on seems to be outdated, or just simply doesn't work for me. What makes me scratch my head even more is that if I use ScreenFlow to export with Hardware Accelerated codec option, it utilizes my AMD GPU! I have made sure to set project settings ins Premiere to use Hardware Acceleration, I've tried both meta and openCL options, but still uses full CPU power. I don't think if there is any specific option with final cut but I do make sure to use the H.264 encoding option but again, cranks the CPU all the way up and almost no load on the GPU. I've tried pretty much every answer I've found online but the results are the same. Can someone please guide me in the right direction as to properly setting up my graphics settings? I can upload more files to explain as needed.

Known issue. Apple removed h/w acceleration for RX 5xx after 10.14.1 update. Even in 10.14.0 it did not work properly.
So currently, H.264 export will use the CPU + IGPU. There's a very long thread here discussing the issues and possible workarounds but don't hold your breadth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back