Contribute
Register

Dual gpu Gtx 1070 for Windows and other gpu for hackintosh, possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all.

I have Gtx 1070 that don't have Drivers for Mac yet.
And 4k monitor.
My motherboard don't have any Hdmi (yes... I know) only dvi, so I can't work with my on board gpu (because I want 4k support)

So now I want to build dual OS system.
First I want to use the Gtx1070 for Windows.

And I want to buy one more gpu that will work only with the Mac OS.

Is it possible?
If so, which Gpu you recommend for this solution? I'm looking for the cheapest Gpu that can support 4k.

Thanks.

Did you get this figured out? I’m looking to do something similar.

Did you get this figured out? I’m looking to do something similar.

Just install both cards both windows and Mac can have dual video cards that are not crossfire or SSL the Nvidia card will be seen in the Mac OS but will not have acceleration since no drivers. While the AMD card will get the proper drivers and have acceleration. In windows of course you will have the Nvidia drivers so it will work you can install the AMD drivers if you like but you do not have to it will just show as Generic Video driver or even possibly Unknown in the device mangler. You will also need to run a cord from each video card to your monitor or swap it in the cards depending on what OS you boot. I think it would be easier just to select a different source on the monitor rather then swap the card each time.

Just install both cards both windows and Mac can have dual video cards that are not crossfire or SSL the Nvidia card will be seen in the Mac OS but will not have acceleration since no drivers. While the AMD card will get the proper drivers and have acceleration. In windows of course you will have the Nvidia drivers so it will work you can install the AMD drivers if you like but you do not have to it will just show as Generic Video driver or even possibly Unknown in the device mangler. You will also need to run a cord from each video card to your monitor or swap it in the cards depending on what OS you boot. I think it would be easier just to select a different source on the monitor rather then swap the card each time.

Is it true that the AMD has to be in the first PCIE slot for this to work? I had tried this awhile back to no success but I had the AMD in the second slot. Also any bios or clover setting need to be changed for this to work?

Is it true that the AMD has to be in the first PCIE slot for this to work? I had tried this awhile back to no success but I had the AMD in the second slot. Also any bios or clover setting need to be changed for this to work?

I do not really have an answer to this all I can say is try it and find out. if you have a compatible AMD card you should not need to do anything it should just work. However, you may need to unplug the monitor from the Nvida while in the Mac OS.

I saw this in another thread it might help you:

If you are using an AMD card, please use nvda_drv=0, NvidiaWeb uncheck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back