Graphics
2x GTX970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all, that's my first post here, glad to be the part of community.

I am doing a hackintosh setup mainly for Da Vinci Resolve (up to 2.5k) use and maybe some video editing using Adobe Premiere. I choose all components but my question relates to dual GPU - can you mix 2 different cards in Hackintosh or if you put 2 GPU in the build than it should be 2 identical cards?

My initial choice was:

Gigabite GTX 960 OC Windforce (for monitoring, GUI card)
EVGA GTX 980 FTW ACX 2.0 (for Resolve GPU power)

Can I mix these 2 different GPUs or it should be either 2x Gigabite GTX 960 or 2x EVGA GTX 980? Most of the build with dual GPUs I found were based on 2 identical video cards.

Thanks for your help!

Sorry for putting the thread up, but really it is important question. Anybody?

Hi all, that's my first post here, glad to be the part of community.

I am doing a hackintosh setup mainly for Da Vinci Resolve (up to 2.5k) use and maybe some video editing using Adobe Premiere. I choose all components but my question relates to dual GPU - can you mix 2 different cards in Hackintosh or if you put 2 GPU in the build than it should be 2 identical cards?

My initial choice was:

Gigabite GTX 960 OC Windforce (for monitoring, GUI card)
EVGA GTX 980 FTW ACX 2.0 (for Resolve GPU power)

Can I mix these 2 different GPUs or it should be either 2x Gigabite GTX 960 or 2x EVGA GTX 980? Most of the build with dual GPUs I found were based on 2 identical video cards.

Thanks for your help!

They only have to be exact same cards if you are going to SLI or Crossfire them for gaming. Otherwise it does not matter as long as same type card - e.g. both nVidia or both AMD.

Thanks so much for answering! So since both Gigabyte and EVGA are nVidia type of video cards, there is no problem with setuping them up in such system? Will gtx 960 with 2GB Ram be enough for Premiere editing work?

One more question about RAM memory - initially I wanted to use recommended Crucial memory, but some people use G.Skill Ram. Is it as stable in Hackintosh system as Crucial? I would like to go for 2400mHz speed and Crucial is only 1866mHz. It is intended to use with i7 CPU and Z97X motherboard.

Thanks so much for answering! So since both Gigabyte and EVGA are nVidia type of video cards, there is no problem with setuping them up in such system? Will gtx 960 with 2GB Ram be enough for Premiere editing work?

One more question about RAM memory - initially I wanted to use recommended Crucial memory, but some people use G.Skill Ram. Is it as stable in Hackintosh system as Crucial? I would like to go for 2400mHz speed and Crucial is only 1866mHz. It is intended to use with i7 CPU and Z97X motherboard.
I don't use Premiere, so can't say.
For the RAM - look at the board OEM site for your board and check the QVL list for RAM - if it is in the list you can use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back