Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 DDR3
CPU
i5-6600T
Graphics
Nvidia Geforce GTX 960
Hey first forum post here so apologies if I screw it up, this is my first hackintosh build and while I have it semi-functional there are a few problems, one of which is with attempting to use a secondary display.

I have two displays, one of which is an Acer K242HL 24" 1920 x 1080 using HDMI as an input, and the other is a Dell Ultrasharp 1905FP 19" 1280x1024 using a VGA connector for input.

When plugged into the GPU alone the K242HL works perfectly but when the 1905FP is plugged in (via an adapter plugged into a DVI-I Dual Link port) along with it the K242HL fails to recognise an input at all and the 1905FP displays the motherboard boot logo and then shows the message "1: Analog Input Cannot Display This Video Mode" which it displayed at high resolutions with my old 2007 iMac. But obviously I can't change the resolution, because the other monitor won't initialise, so I can't access system preferences.

Neither monitor works when plugged into the motherboard which is strange because the CPU (i5-6600T) does have onboard graphics which I have installed the Multibeast drivers for.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

-Tenebraeon

Last edited:
First of all, your text is quite difficult to read. An extra paragraph here and a full stop there doesn't hurt. ;)

OS X support of VGA hardware is very limited and varies between OS X builds, driver releases and GPUs. As far as I know, Maxwell drivers don't support VGA.
You should have luck using an active DisplayPort to VGA adapter, as they behave like a true DP device on the GPU side.

Personally I'd start to abandone VGA, it's a dead technology.

Why use VGA with an adapter to DVI when that Dell monitor has DVI input?

First of all, your text is quite difficult to read. An extra paragraph here and a full stop there doesn't hurt. ;)

OS X support of VGA hardware is very limited and varies between OS X builds, driver releases and GPUs. As far as I know, Maxwell drivers don't support VGA.
You should have luck using an active DisplayPort to VGA adapter, as they behave like a true DP device on the GPU side.

Personally I'd start to abandone VGA, it's a dead technology.

Thanks for the input, I've fixed the post a little bit.

I think you were right about the VGA support. I didn't have a DisplayPort to VGA adapter on hand but I attempted to use a DVI-D cable and the secondary monitor is now being detected but is still not displaying anything but a self test feature check.

Why use VGA with an adapter to DVI when that Dell monitor has DVI input?

The monitor has DVI-D input not DVI-I and I didn't have a DVI-D cable, I am currently borrowing one from a friend.

After messing with the buttons on the monitor for a bit I got it to display the desktop, thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back