1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

I've been searching this site for some time now and I'm decided to build a hackintosh following the Mac mini "deluxe" version with some different components:
- Cooler Master Elite 130 case (mini itX)
- Sapphire radeon R9 270X (I think its compatible :) )
- Intel i5 4570s (same sochet as the K version)
- Gygabite GA-Z87N-WIFI board
- same ram
- same other components
- some Sata hdd's I have lying around (1 TB, 2Tb ..) and will install an ssd later

As I'm a casual gamer well maybe more ... And on Osx there are some games but blockbusters are not as widespread as on windows (eg: Battlefield, gta's ... etc ..) so I wish to dual boot it with windows 7 or 8(.1) I don't mind so you'll probably ask me why not just have windows ? Well I've never had a windows pc and when I compare the Os to Apple's :beachball: it just is nothing , apps don't talk to each other, nothing near the same quality wise and there is about the same amount of support for each platform :silent: !

So getting back to the subject I would like to "dualboot" if that's the term... I gathered I need to install a partition with Osx on one side and Windows on the other (How do I do this ?!?) and to get between each other is the only way to restart the pc , enter the bios and select a different partition ?

Thanks

After some research I have found out that setting up partiions is difficult & I'm lazy...
The best solution seems to be using Bootcamp that's now integrated into OSX
http://www.apple.com/support/bootcamp/
Or I can install/buy parallels but they are sometimes unsafe and I'm taking precautions !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back