Contribute
Register

Dual booting with non-supported graphics card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be, hopefully, building a hackintosh soon and I plan to dual boot it with windows. Since gtx 1060 isn't supported yet, I was wondering, if there is a way to use the card only in windows and use intel graphics in mac without constantly plugging and plugging the hdmi cable between the card and the motherboard (and possibly changing bios settings)?

nope. You could get a KVM switch for the time being but that is basically plugging in each time. Then I am not sure if that would even work out 100%. I have my GTX 1080 FTW Hybrid installed and use it as my primary card on my hack but right now I it is only kind of functional due to the lack of drivers. I can use the 1080 but it shows up as "projector" and it is only at a very low resolution on my Apple Cinema Display.

nope. You could get a KVM switch for the time being but that is basically plugging in each time. Then I am not sure if that would even work out 100%. I have my GTX 1080 FTW Hybrid installed and use it as my primary card on my hack but right now I it is only kind of functional due to the lack of drivers. I can use the 1080 but it shows up as "projector" and it is only at a very low resolution on my Apple Cinema Display.
A kvm switch will require me to change bios settings every time right? What if I plug in one hdmi from graphics card and one vga cable from motherboard to the display?

Yeah I am sure not sure if the KVM will require a BIOS change every time or not because if you dont disable the 1060 the integrated graphics wont work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back