Contribute
Register

Dual Booting Windows 7 + Mac (Mountain Lion) with both Magic Trackpad and Magic Mouse - Bluetooth Se

Status
Not open for further replies.
After executing the command in OSX Terminal I get this as LinkKey:

<00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000>

I'm quite sure that isn't right. Can anyone tell me how to get the right LinkKey for my trackpad?

Fixed it, it's working now!!

Followed all the steps and it works! I can finally stop using two seperate keyboards and mice.
(Tested under Windows 8)

If someone is having trouble converting the Link keys (I doubt it) you can use this simple converter: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/15624590/BluetoothLinkKeyConverter.html

Looks something like this:
Screen%20Shot%202012-12-15%20at%2019.08.26.png

I'm having the same problem with my Magic Mouse
How did you fixed it?

EDIT

I just deleted it in the Bluetooth panel in System Preferences and Paired it again and it worked

5. Once installed, right-click and select 'Properties' for either one of the devices and go to the 'Bluetooth' tab, take a note of the 'Unique Identifier' near the bottom of the page under 'Troubleshooting Information' (This will be noted as a series of letters and numbers, eg. 1a:b2:c3:45:67:8d). You will need this later to identify your device in Regedit.

Sorry for the Noob question but I tried locating the "Unique Identifier" but I can't seem to find it. Thanks

Awsome post brotha - life is good!!

5. Once installed, right-click and select 'Properties' for either one of the devices and go to the 'Bluetooth' tab, take a note of the 'Unique Identifier' near the bottom of the page under 'Troubleshooting Information' (This will be noted as a series of letters and numbers, eg. 1a:b2:c3:45:67:8d). You will need this later to identify your device in Regedit.

Sorry for the Noob question but I tried locating the "Unique Identifier" but I can't seem to find it. Thanks

I have the exact same issue. im running windows 8 and i cant find the bluetooth tab. can you please tell us what to do for windows 8 cause that tutorial doesnt follow windows 8

If using only a bluetooth keyboard, is there a way to boot into Windows?

I'm guessing that using the Chimera screen is a no-go....

Used the method and have everything working great in OSX and Windows 7. I do have one slight problem when dual booting. I have the Belkin mini bluetooth adapter and the wireless Apple Keyboard. When rebooting from OSX, I am able to connect and choose my OS in chimera, but if I reboot from Windows 7, the keyboard will not connect. Does anybody have any solutions for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back