Contribute
Register

Dual Booting Windows 7 + Mac (Mountain Lion) with both Magic Trackpad and Magic Mouse - Bluetooth Se

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks man, that's 100% work with HP x4000b bluetooth mouse too:)):D
c03398229.png

Hello!

I have Mac OS X 10.5.8 (BT adapter Dynamode BT-USB-M2 and Targus AKB32UK) and Windows 7 Ultimate X64. Keyboard work in Mac OSX and Windows but when I reboot and change OS, keyboard not work.

Unfortunately when I paste "sudo defaults read /private/var/root/Library/Preferences/blued.plist" terminal show "Domain /private/var/root/Library/Preferences/blued.plist does not exist"

Where I found this numbers "12345ab6 78c91234 567891d2 3456789e"?

8. Open terminal and copy-paste the following command and hit enter:
Code:
sudo defaults read /private/var/root/Library/Preferences/blued.plist

9. Take a note of the link key that this will then give you, this will be a series of letters and numbers formatted for OS. You will need to reverse these for use in Windows. Below is an example:
Code:
Mac: 12345ab6 78c91234 567891d2 3456789e
Windows: 9e785634 d2917856 3412c978 b65a3412
(note how the characters are in pairs, to convert the sequence from Mac to Windows you need to take the last pair of characters (9e), then the one preceeding that (78), then the one before that (56) etc etc until you have reversed the entire sequence)

Hi folks!

So, I did the tutorial to pair Magic Mouse both in Windows and OS X without having to pair them again and again each time I switch OS, but... by pairing also the wireless Keyboard into Windows, it seems I just lost HID Proxy Mode at boot... :banghead:

To be clear, before pairing Apple Wireless Keyboard in Windows, I could strike a key at boot, and by doing so, trigger a HID Proxy connection between Keyboard and BTReceiver.
Now, if I do the same thing, I can see the keyboard pairing with the BTReceiver (long flash green light) at boot, but when it comes to entering BIOS or selecting an OS, Keyboard just won't respond to any key.

So, anyone aware of this problem that might have a solution? :idea:

Edit: Ok, found a solution, see http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/109961-bluetooth-usb-adapter-hid-proxy-mode-2.html#post693258

Works perfectly for me! It was so annoying as I keep using both OS all the time. Now it's gone! Thank you!!!

sorry to dig up an old thread but has anyone got this to work with yosemite and windows 8.1? ive followed all the steps correctly but i still need to re-pair everytime i boot into one os then to the other

This post is Legit ... Yosemite and windows 8.1 works like a charm one pain in the a** gone nice

Confirm that works well in Yosemite + Windows 8.1 Dual Boot with my ASUS BT-400 bluetooth dongle.

But Windows 8.1 changes a bit the process.

To Run the PTTOOLS command as an administrator, you need to activate previously this account via a System Command (as Administrator) in the classic Start Menu (right click on your mouse).

The command is:

net user Administrator /active:yes

Now log off, start a new session with your Administrator Account, and Run the command:

psexec -s -i regedit

Thanks for the guide, does scrolling work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back