Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte G1.Sniper
CPU
i3-6100
Graphics
RX 480
Hi so I followed this tutorial: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-multibooting-uefi-on-separate-drives.198869/ to dual boot MacOS Sierra and Windows 10. Sierra was successfully installed on a SSD which was attached to SATA0. Following which I formatted my mechanical drive attached to SATA1 through Sierra (MacOS Extended Journaled/GUID). Booting into UEFI Win10 installer created through Rufus, win10 throws all kind of errors so I found out that I have to disconnect the SSD because in short Windows 10 installer is stupid :D
Attached the HDD to SATA0 and installed Windows 10 which does successfully install, but after the "Getting Devices Ready" does not boot into Windows. The initial loading screen is stuck in perpetuity with the GIGABYTE logo on top and the Windows 10 loading circles constantly rotating. I have tried using "Load Optimized Defaults" in UEFI but still nothing it just keeps on loading forever. I have CSM Enabled by setting OS to Win8/Win10. But Windows is just not booting up.

Any help would be appreciated ;)
I have the F5 Gigabyte UEFI in case it matters.

Make sure CSM is enabled during the Win10 installation and first reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back