Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H97-Gaming 3
CPU
i7 4790
Graphics
GTX 1070
Hello I was wondering how to dual boot OS X with Windows 10 already installed.
I want to install it on a seperate hard drive and my Windows was installed on Legacy I'm pretty sure, my BIOS mode is Legacy,

Hello I was wondering how to dual boot OS X with Windows 10 already installed.
I want to install it on a seperate hard drive and my Windows was installed on Legacy I'm pretty sure, my BIOS mode is Legacy,
Create your USB installation media using Clover installed in Legacy mode.
Disconnect Windows drive, connect OS X-to-be drive, insert USB drive in USB2.0 port
Boot to USB and install OS X. Run MultiBeast post install to install FakeSMC, networking and audio, maybe 3rd party SATA drivers/USB3.0 kexts. Install Clover Legacy Mode.
Shut down
Reconnect Windows drive.
Boot to BIOS and make the OS X drive first in HDD boot order. Save&Exit, continue boot.

Create your USB installation media using Clover installed in Legacy mode.
Disconnect Windows drive, connect OS X-to-be drive, insert USB drive in USB2.0 port
Boot to USB and install OS X. Run MultiBeast post install to install FakeSMC, networking and audio, maybe 3rd party SATA drivers/USB3.0 kexts. Install Clover Legacy Mode.
Shut down
Reconnect Windows drive.
Boot to BIOS and make the OS X drive first in HDD boot order. Save&Exit, continue boot.
How do I make a USB installation media using Clover on Windows?

Last edited:
How do I make a USB installation media using Clover on Windows?
You do not. You need a working PC-Mac or a real Mac running OS X to download the installation app and create your USB installer.

Lacking either of these, you can purchase the Snow Leopard installation DVD from Apple and use iBoot + that DVD to install 10.6.3 and update to 10.6.8 so you can download El Capitan provided your hardware is Haswell 9 series or earlier. If running Skylake hardware iBoot option is not available.

You do not. You need a working PC-Mac or a real Mac running OS X to download the installation app and create your USB installer.

Lacking either of these, you can purchase the Snow Leopard installation DVD from Apple and use iBoot + that DVD to install 10.6.3 and update to 10.6.8 so you can download El Capitan provided your hardware is Haswell 9 series or earlier. If running Skylake hardware iBoot option is not available.
So if I had an dmg of Snow Leopard not the DVD would I still be able to use iBoot?

Okay and will my graphics card work with Snow Leopard?
I doubt it. Since it will not work in Yosemite or later without nVidia drivers it will not work at all in SL. SL was never updated past the 9800GT days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back