Contribute
Register

Dual Booting W8 and OS X with UEFI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right, sleep is not working with Clover UEFI, it restarts on wake.

Non working sleep is a deal killer for me. It is an important functoin on my desktop and especially on my laptop. I'll wait...

Is there a guide how to use this clover? I have unibeast created, do I just need to install clover to that drive or do I create it like creating unibeast installer? Sorry I'm not familiar with this clover. Thanks

Is there a guide how to use this clover? I have unibeast created, do I just need to install clover to that drive or do I create it like creating unibeast installer? Sorry I'm not familiar with this clover. Thanks

Do a search. There was a thread a while back (couple of months ago) that explained some of the details...

Download Clover or build the latest with CloverGrowerPro. Install UEFI version of Clover (it will install files to your EFI partition), then copy DSDT.aml, SSDT.aml to Clover patched folder, create a suitable config.plist for Clover. Go to BIOS then enable UEFI boot to use CLover. In case you can't boot, just disable UEFI and you can boot again with Chimera/Chameleon.

If you used to install Legacy Windows in your hard drive, Clover can't boot Windows directly. When you select the Windows partition in Clover boot menu, it will call Chameleon/Chimera and then you can boot to legacy Windows. If you want to reinstall Windows UEFI without reformat your hard drive, boot to Linux/OS X from external hard drive, then use gpt fdisk to convert from Hybrid MBR to Protected MBR, format Windows partition and then install Windows UEFI.
You can try it, remember to choose Clover for UEFI Motherboard when install or you can mess up your current.

First of all I'm trying to do a triple boot osx/w8/android in UEFI in my Acer w700 (i5 4gb ram) - So I'm trying clover. Download the current version, there are a few instructions out there, I maybe tried them all. Few of the instructions I used is using a 8gb flash drive, creating two partition (installer/boot). I restore the installdmg to installer and ran the clover to boot, that did not work. tried using liondiskmaker and ran the clover on top of it, that did not work. UEFI is not reading or showing in boot. Should I do Unibeast and then run the clover on top of it?

Or do I install osx in legacy then run clover to the osx partion. Will I be able to boot it in uefi

You can try it, remember to choose Clover for UEFI Motherboard when install or you can mess up your current.

Watched a YouTube video and I might have left out the uefi motherboard checked, so I will try again

Hello RehabMan, i want to ask you some things, im was installed at the first Mountain Lion and WIndows 8 on my 4530S, but i have upgraded to 8.1 and is a laggy windows and i deleted it, i mean i formated the partition, now im trying to install windiws 8 back and i have no luck.

I have luck if i enable UEFI, i installed Windows 8 on UEFI mode, this work perfect but i cannot access Mountain Lion.

If i turn off UEFI i cant boot Windows 8, the error is boot/bcd ....

I dont remember exactly how i have installed the first time, and i want to ask you if can you please give me a hand.

I have read your post on your blog and no luck, i have searched also in forums, youtube, but i cannot get this done.

Thanks a lot.

Hello RehabMan, i want to ask you some things, im was installed at the first Mountain Lion and WIndows 8 on my 4530S, but i have upgraded to 8.1 and is a laggy windows and i deleted it, i mean i formated the partition, now im trying to install windiws 8 back and i have no luck.

I have luck if i enable UEFI, i installed Windows 8 on UEFI mode, this work perfect but i cannot access Mountain Lion.

If i turn off UEFI i cant boot Windows 8, the error is boot/bcd ....

You need to install Windows in legacy mode. Turn off UEFI in BIOS and re-install Windows. Make sure you're following either:
this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html
-or-
my multi-boot guide at my blog (link in signature)

Edit: I'm assuming you just posted your question in the wrong place and that you're not actually using Clover.

Im fallowing the title :(, i cannot install with UEFI dissabled, the error is "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk is of the GPT partition style."
Mountain Lion is working in perfect conditions with Chimera bootloader.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back