Graphics
GTX 460 1gb v2
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Here's a bizarre question. I successfully created a dual-boot setup for OSX ML and Windows 7.

Has anyone noticed slower performance on their Windows 7 partition? I used to run my SSD only with Windows 7 and gaming was very smooth. However, now that I dual boot and boot into Windows 7 with Chameleon (also tried Chimera), I've noticed that performance has become significantly choppier.

Not sure if there's something else, but I was wondering if anyone else noticed this issue or had any thoughts of how to address this.

Define slower performance?

Is Geekbench the same as it was? Is windows score the same if you redo it?

I got ML and Win7 on different SSD drives so there's no such issues. One thing to look out for on ML is you need to make sure TRIM is enabled for the drive. Although it probably wouldn't cause the drive's performance to drop that fast even without TRIM enabled.

You don't happen to run Starcraft II? They released a new patch recently that might affect performance in a negative way.

Unfortunately, I never got a chance to benchmarking the system. Yeah, I'm having issues with both Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3. When it was only Windows 7 on the SSD, Diablo 3 ran like butter. However, after doing a new install of Windows and dual-booting with ML, it's been incredibly jittery with all of the same settings and drivers.

Starcraft...is another issue. I've been getting a strange flashing black screen, but I believe that's been an issue with what driver I use. Anyways, that's a Windows issue so I'll keep it out of the forum. I'm more concerned if my dual-boot on a single drive is causing the decrease in performance.

Wow. This is embarrassing. Just posting this in case anyone else ran into the same issue. When I reconnected my drives after installing, some drive letters were re-mapped. As a result, some of my games installed on platter HDDs...kind of negating any of the SSD benefit.

<insert smiley that's hitting its head against a brick wall over and over>

Hi starbot,

glad to see you found your fix :p

As this is similar to what i am in the process of doing (bar the SSD's) Can i ask,

- how are you choosing to boot at start up ? (chimera or Chameleon)
- which order did you install?
- are the OS's on seperate drives?
- Lastley :) did you need to modify windows for success ?

I am still playing with my Hackintosh install to get it right before i go for dual boot.

i have another HDD which was the origional in my setup with WIN7 installed, currently unplugged with a different drive in its place to set up OSX ML.

Im asuming that once i am happy with my ML setup and i am booting from HDD that i would be able to plug the win7 drive back in and have a selection at the Chimera boot screen ?

Sorry for long winded question. pretty new to this :)

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back