CPU
i3-4030
Graphics
HD 4400
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello! I currently finished hackintosh mac OS big sur with opencore bootloader. Everything works perfectly so i tried to make dual boot. After i finished installing and changing booting in EFI it was in some type broken. When i loaded windows and restarted it it has all messed up efi and it couldnt boot to Opencore anymore. Please help if you could.

Sorry for bad grammar, I suck at english.

Im new into hackintoshing so it might be something easy. I dont know.

Hello! I currently finished hackintosh mac OS big sur with opencore bootloader. Everything works perfectly so i tried to make dual boot. After i finished installing and changing booting in EFI it was in some type broken. When i loaded windows and restarted it it has all messed up efi and it couldnt boot to Opencore anymore. Please help if you could.

Sorry for bad grammar, I suck at english.

Im new into hackintoshing so it might be something easy. I dont know.
I have moved your post to multi booting section

Are you trying to install same drive or separate drives? Since you are using Opwncore you should be able to use Bootcamp to install Win10. Did you try it with Bootcamp?

Hello.
I'm trying to install Windows on a separate drive.

I have a NVMe already installed with Monterey.
A Second SSD with a CCC Copy as a backup of the main NVMe drive (both of them with their own EFI folder).

ANd I'd like to install windows, but without unmounting the rest of drives. I have to remove the graphic card, etc.

When I tried your method

I alway got "Windows could not prepare for next boot phase" or something similar, and can not install.

I tried your manual method with dispart (the sintaxis has changed and I had to manage Volumes) and I could install windows, but at the end I got the same message telling me that it could not boot.

When I normally boot in MAC mode, I see the Windows drive with the windows files inside.

But I can not boot from it.

Any idea what's happening?

Thank you.

Hello.
I'm trying to install Windows on a separate drive.

I have a NVMe already installed with Monterey.
A Second SSD with a CCC Copy as a backup of the main NVMe drive (both of them with their own EFI folder).

ANd I'd like to install windows, but without unmounting the rest of drives. I have to remove the graphic card, etc.

When I tried your method

I alway got "Windows could not prepare for next boot phase" or something similar, and can not install.

I tried your manual method with dispart (the sintaxis has changed and I had to manage Volumes) and I could install windows, but at the end I got the same message telling me that it could not boot.

When I normally boot in MAC mode, I see the Windows drive with the windows files inside.

But I can not boot from it.

Any idea what's happening?

Thank you.
Disconnect the CCC backup SSD.
Try installing Win with Bootcamp.
If Bootcamp install is unsuccessful, try boot to BIOS/UEFI and see if you can disable the NVMe drive port. Make the port the Win drive is connected to the first port in BBS boot order and then try installing Win.

Thank you for your rapid answer.
Just to be more precise in my explanation, I try to install Windows in a third drive.
I thought bootcamp was only for installing Windows on the same drive than Mac OSX.

So just to confirm, do you mean to use bootcamp to install Windows on the third drive, and if it fails, to try disabling the main NVMe drive (in both cases, disabling the backup drive).

I’ll try!!
Thank you

I can't try Bootcamp. Every time I try to download the Windows Support files at the beginning of the Bootcamp process, I got : "Can’t install the software because it is not currently available from the Software Update server.". And it stops...

With the option in "Action" menu also fails...

No way to download it. I googled to find a solution, without success.

Well... Finally I unmount the NVMe Monterey drive, and disconnected the rest of SSD and HD drives.

And I managed to install Windows 10.
All is fine now, but only one problem:

I can boot into Windows pressing F12 and choosing Windows drive as boot drive.

But from OC I see both Windows and Mac drives, but when I choose Windows nothing happens.
It's stuck in a black screen.

It's not so important, as I can always boot with F12!
But any idea?

See Dortania guide for config.plist edit to enable booting from Win drive with OC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back