Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD3
CPU
i7-6700k
Graphics
Nvidia Titan
hey guys I have three hackintoshes one running multibeast and the other two clover.. first the clovers time down and boot automatically but the multibeast just sits there until you select it. Is there a quick way to make it go on it's own?

Also I want to install Windows 10 on a second drive. Should I disable the hackintosh drive in bios or unplug it first before installing Windows? Once Windows is up will I be able to have both drives enabled and just select from the boot menu or will I need some kind of boot loader so it doesn't mess anything up or write to the hack drive?

Thanks guys for the help!

hey guys I have three hackintoshes one running multibeast and the other two clover.. first the clovers time down and boot automatically but the multibeast just sits there until you select it. Is there a quick way to make it go on it's own?

Also I want to install Windows 10 on a second drive. Should I disable the hackintosh drive in bios or unplug it first before installing Windows? Once Windows is up will I be able to have both drives enabled and just select from the boot menu or will I need some kind of boot loader so it doesn't mess anything up or write to the hack drive?

Thanks guys for the help!
Look at your org.chameleon.boot.plist at the <key>timeout</key>. What is the string value? If 0 (zero) it will wait for you to select an OS icon and hit enter. If you have a value 3,5,10, etc., then it will wait that many seconds before booting the default volume.

Best to completely disconnect all drives except the one you want to use for Windows before you attempt to install Win10. Be sure to select the UEFI version of the installer.

Thanks for your help! After I have installed Win10 is it safe to plug the hack drive back in with Windows loading? At that point should we just be using the F12 boot menu to load whichever drive we want? Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back