Contribute
Register

Dual Boot Yosemite with Existing Windows 7 Machine (Seperate HDD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Hello all. I have been researching and researching about building a Hackintosh. I finally decided to bite the bullet and make one. I have been building PC's since 1999 but never a Hackintosh. I don't use Macs so this would be my first one. I have a Windows based system I just upgraded last year. I will buy most of the new parts for the Hackintosh based on the build guides on this site (Mobo, CPU, GPU, Memory, etc.). I mainly run my existing PC for my recording studio. I've always been interested in trying Logic Pro X so that's the main reason I'm building this Hackintosh. I run Pro Tools 10 and 11, FL Studio (I know it only works with Windows), and a few other programs.

Now here's the main question. Could I use my existing Windows hard drive, use a seperate new hard drive to install OSX (Yosemite), and dual boot without having to format my existing Windows hard drive? I don't want to deal with reinstalling Windows.

I hope I put this in the right thread. Thanks in advance for your help.

Hello all....

Now here's the main question. Could I use my existing Windows hard drive, use a seperate new hard drive to install OSX (Yosemite), and dual boot without having to format my existing Windows hard drive? I don't want to deal with reinstalling Windows.

I hope I put this in the right thread. Thanks in advance for your help.
See the Multi-Booting forum section for the answer to your question.

Thanks. I noticed I posted this in the wrong section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back