Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. Windows Phone
Hi!

I'm new in this forum... I have searching the way in witch I can install the Snow Leopard. But only I have a HDD with 2 TB of storage, with Windows 7 Ultimate, and 1200 GB being used for me. Can I install the Snow Leopard without reformatting my hard drive?

Thanks in advance!

Hi!

I'm new in this forum... I have searching the way in witch I can install the Snow Leopard. But only I have a HDD with 2 TB of storage, with Windows 7 Ultimate, and 1200 GB being used for me. Can I install the Snow Leopard without reformatting my hard drive?

Thanks in advance!
Depends on how the drive is formatted.
In Windows, open the disk management tool and select the windows drive in the upper pane.
In the lower pane what do you see? How many partitions, how large are they and what are they called?

I can see 3 divisions:

1. SYSTEM_DRV: 200 MB, NTFS.

2. C: 1837.75 GB, NTFS.

3. : 25.07 GB. OEM partition.

So... It is possible?

Thanks!

I can see 3 divisions:

1. SYSTEM_DRV: 200 MB, NTFS.

2. C: 1837.75 GB, NTFS.

3. : 25.07 GB. OEM partition.

So... It is possible?

Thanks!

Sorry, not without formatting the HDD. You have legacy installed Windows, which means the drive is formatted MBR and you need GPT+ format for OS X.
Suggest a separate SSD for OS X if possible.
If not possible, see part 2 of http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-dual-booting-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html for installing on single drive.

Sorry, not without formatting the HDD. You have legacy installed Windows, which means the drive is formatted MBR and you need GPT+ format for OS X.
Suggest a separate SSD for OS X if possible.
If not possible, see part 2 of http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-dual-booting-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html for installing on single drive.

So bad :( But I'm reading your post...

Ok, but can I run any version of Apple's OS in my computer (with that specs) I don't know.

Thanks !

Something is wrong with your profile :

If you have an i3-2120 then you have Intel HD Graphics 2000 (Link) not Intel HD 3000.

Something is wrong with your profile :

If you have an i3-2120 then you have Intel HD Graphics 2000 (Link) not Intel HD 3000.

Yes sir, I will correct. It's a Intel HD2000.

So..?

So, you need to get a graphics card - No support for Intel HD2000.

Thanks sir, gonna buy one (so hard, my H520s is a mini ATX)

But, if I buy a compatible graphic card, can I run? Or there is another component that fights with the OS X?

Thanks! :)

Thanks sir, gonna buy one (so hard, my H520s is a mini ATX)

But, if I buy a compatible graphic card, can I run? Or there is another component that fights with the OS X?

Thanks! :)
With a compatible GPU you can run on your Sandy Bridge System Snow Leopard 10.6.7, and all later versions OS X Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks and Yosemite.
See http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/01/intels-new-sandy-bridge-and-mac-os-x.html

And since Apple has, since this article was written, used Sandy Bridge in their machines it is fully supported in OS X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back