CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have El Cap installed and windows 7 (on the same disk) but when I install Clover, the computer still boots to Windows by default and I don't see anything else in the boot list in my bios. Windows will not boot at all if I disable legacy boot in my bios.

Any ideas? At this point I'm pretty much willing to run the machine with a usb drive in all the time if it works.....

I have El Cap installed and windows 7 (on the same disk) but when I install Clover, the computer still boots to Windows by default and I don't see anything else in the boot list in my bios. Windows will not boot at all if I disable legacy boot in my bios.

Any ideas? At this point I'm pretty much willing to run the machine with a usb drive in all the time if it works.....

Have you disabled secure boot in the BIOS and set boot parameter to Other OS (steps 5 & 6 in the installation guide at http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-el-capitan-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html )

nv_disable=1 is boot-arg to disable all Apple nVidia drivers so you can install with an unsupported nVidia graphics card connected. Does not always work.
nvda_drv=1 is boot-arg to enable nVidia web drivers so an Apple unsupported card like one of the GTX 9xx series can be used with OS X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back