Graphics
HD-630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello. I've come to the realization that AMD is way behind on gaming performance for video cards (in Windows). AMD is the only game in town for graphics performance in MacOS.

I am running a Core i5 8400 in a Gigabyte Z370 HD3P using integrated Intel graphics and dual monitors.

So here's my question:

Can I dual boot my rig into MacOS Catalina with dual monitors using integrated Intel graphics and also boot into Windows 10 with the same dual monitors using an NVIDIA 3070 card? I would use a KVM to switch monitors between cards. I'm looking to know if I will have stability in Catalina with a dormant 3070 card sitting and powered on in the box.

I have tried something similar to this as a test with GeForce GTX 660, but it did not behave well.

Thanks in advance!

Hello. I've come to the realization that AMD is way behind on gaming performance for video cards (in Windows). AMD is the only game in town for graphics performance in MacOS.

I am running a Core i5 8400 in a Gigabyte Z370 HD3P using integrated Intel graphics and dual monitors.

So here's my question:

Can I dual boot my rig into MacOS Catalina with dual monitors using integrated Intel graphics and also boot into Windows 10 with the same dual monitors using an NVIDIA 3070 card? I would use a KVM to switch monitors between cards. I'm looking to know if I will have stability in Catalina with a dormant 3070 card sitting and powered on in the box.

I have tried something similar to this as a test with GeForce GTX 660, but it did not behave well.

Thanks in advance!
Yes, you would need a second set of cables to connect the monitors or you would have to physically swap them. And you would need some kind of SSDT that disabled the Nvidia card in Mac OS. You will need to use the search feature of the forum to find the SSDT that will disable the card or tell you how to make it.

Yes, you would need a second set of cables to connect the monitors or you would have to physically swap them. And you would need some kind of SSDT that disabled the Nvidia card in Mac OS. You will need to use the search feature of the forum to find the SSDT that will disable the card or tell you how to make it.
OK so just not using it isn't enough. I must disable it. I did not know that. I will search. Do you happen to know if anyone is doing something like this? Seems like a rare config.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back