Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
well im new to mac and hackintosh, 2 days ago i have installed mac using the tutorial on the site, all went great and my pc is running mac perfectly,
but, i still need windwos for alot of things, how can i dual boot with iboot?

TY, and tonymacx86 THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

Going Bald said:
oz_adari":1br3wb37]i have only 1 hd =\[/quote] [url="http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2009/11/dual-boot-windows-7-and-os-x-snow.html said:
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2009/11/ ... -snow.html[/url][/quote:1br3wb37]
i have already installed mac os X, that will still work?

Try this, it worked for me:

1) In your existing Snow Leopard installation, launch Disk Utility.
2) In the Partition tab, there is a block diagram of your Hard Disk, which will presumably show as one great big partition.
3) Grab the bottom right hand corner of this, and you will be able to resize the partition. Don't worry, this is non-destructive (although it's always a good idea to have a back up, yeah?)
4) Resize the new partition you have created (at the bottom of the diagram) to leave the amount of space you want for your Win install.
5) Set it to be FAT32, and call it something like "Windows" so you can identify it later.
6) Reboot with your Windows DVD in your tray.
7) When you get to the point where you select a partition, be careful to select the one you created earlier. As it is is FAT32 you can't install NTFS versions of Windows to it, so at this point reformat it to NTFS.
8) Install Windows on it.
9) You will notice after rebooting that you no longer boot to Snow Leopard, don't worry. Boot into Windows, install SP1, all your drivers etc, set up your screen res, reboot as many times as you like, get it set up the way you like it.
10) Boot from your iBoot CD again, it will take you into your old Snow Leopard installation.
11) Run MultiBeast and select NO OPTIONS except to install your choice of Chameleon bootloader - whichever one you had working previously.
12) From now on when you boot, you will go to the Chameleon menu. Press a key during the progress bar countdown to reveal the multiboot menu, and select either of your two OSes.

moshymoshy said:

2) In the Partition tab, there is a block diagram of your Hard Disk, which will presumably show as one great big partition.
3) Grab the bottom right hand corner of this, and you will be able to resize the partition. Don't worry, this is non-destructive (although it's always a good idea to have a back up, yeah?)
4) Resize the new partition you have created (at the bottom of the diagram) to leave the amount of space you want for your Win install.
5) Set it to be FAT32, and call it something like "Windows" so you can identify it later.
7) When you get to the point where you select a partition, be careful to select the one you created earlier. As it is is FAT32 you can't install NTFS versions of Windows to it, so at this point reformat it to NTFS.
9) You will notice after rebooting that you no longer boot to Snow Leopard, don't worry. Boot into Windows, install SP1, all your drivers etc, set up your screen res, reboot as many times as you like, get it set up the way you like it.
10) Boot from your iBoot CD again, it will take you into your old Snow Leopard installation.
11) Run MultiBeast and select NO OPTIONS except to install your choice of Chameleon bootloader - whichever one you had working previously.
12) From now on when you boot, you will go to the Chameleon menu. Press a key during the progress bar countdown to reveal the multiboot menu, and select either of your two OSes.
that is exactly what i meant to do, but i was afraid that this wouldnt work, great to hear that this worked for you, now is my turn. :)

but i have 1 problem, i do not know which bootloader i chose, i just clicked the easeBeast option P:
what to do?

oz_adari said:
moshymoshy said:

that is exactly what i meant to do, but i was afraid that this wouldnt work, great to hear that this worked for you, now is my turn. :)

but i have 1 problem, i do not know which bootloader i chose, i just clicked the easeBeast option P:
what to do?
If you launch MultiBeast and click on EasyBeast and then scroll down to the very bottom, it tells you everything EsayBeast does: creates an extra folder with needed generic files, creates an Extra/Extensions folder with minimum kext files, installs the chameleon bootloader, etc. It is up to you to select any additional files required to bring your rig to full functionality. (audio, network, customization files, etc.)

how to dual boot using 2 HD?

1 HD for windows
1 HD for Mac OS snow leopard.

please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back